6 hours ago, Rich said:

I shared a few casual words with Rick Parfitt in an airport departure lounge once many years ago, he seemed very nice and down-to-earth. No 'big I am' at all.

That was not how crew at events were treated.

Don't look at the talent, don't talk to the talent. That's what we were ordered - upon pain of ejection.

our singer is a local journalist, he interviewed Rossi and Parfitt once, said they were great guys

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

As I mentioned earlier, he's an incredibly creative guy, and creative people can often be direct and unwilling to compromise.

Agreed, but there is a huge difference in being unwilling to compromise, and acting like a complete tw*t. Being nice costs nothing. So, some think its not cool being a Geordie? Try telling Brian Johnson, Mark Knopfler, Robson Green.....and me its not cool. Best place and the nicest people on the planet.

Edited by mikel
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikel said:

Agreed, but there is a huge difference in being unwilling to compromise, and acting like a complete tw*t. Being nice costs nothing. So, some think its not cool being a Geordie? Try telling Brian Johnson, Mark Knopfler, Robson Green.....and me its not cool. Best place and the nicest people on the planet.

As I mentioned earlier, he’s always been pleasant with me. 

I like to think I’m a nice bloke, but I’m also pretty sure I’ve been a tw*t at some point over the last 5 decades or so.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BreadBin said:

That was not how crew at events were treated.

Don't look at the talent, don't talk to the talent. That's what we were ordered - upon pain of ejection.

I suspect that order could have come from some wally in their management, rather than the band itself. Often happens that some wannabe uses their job to throw their weight about. I met Rick P at an event and he was a regular bloke. No airs and graces at all.

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 2

My mates niece had cancer, luckily cured now, and she and a load of other sick kids were invited to Quo’s Christmas concert at Wembley. Apparently Quo did the photo session, then after that was done and the photographers left Rossi & Parfitt spent the whole day with the kids. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

I suspect that order could have come from some wally in their management, rather than the band itself. Often happens that some wannabe uses their job to throw their weight about. I met Rick P at an event and he was a regular bloke. No airs and graces at all.

You'd certainly hope so, this was at a festival type event and they were the only group to have this stipulation.

7 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

As I mentioned earlier, he’s always been pleasant with me. 

I like to think I’m a nice bloke, but I’m also pretty sure I’ve been a tw*t at some point over the last 5 decades or so.

And haven't we all, but please don't try and excuse it simply because he is creative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikel said:

And haven't we all, but please don't try and excuse it simply because he is creative.

Fair comment.

So in conclusion despite the possibility that Nail is a cxnt and twxt of the most extreme type ........ I still like his songs and Guy Pratt’s bass lines........  yes I’m seeking counselling at the earliest opportunity 

• Like 1

Ain’t no doubt ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

Fair comment.

But equally you have worked with the man, which puts you several streets ahead of us...

It's very Facebook-like, this forum, sometimes.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 06:10, Geek99 said:

Yes the best we could manage was a cup of tea, cold tea, without milk or sugar, ... or tea .....

And watching Auf Wiedersehen, Pet  repeats...