Having watched all of the guy Pratt YouTube s now he’s covered two Jimmy songs

I only had Ain’t no doubt about as a single but I’ve now got the full cd growing up in public

Just listening to it on my hi fi system and the bass is right up in the mix and some great great bass lines that I assume Guy created 

Well worth a listen if you missed it first time round like me

1EB7534F-38C4-46D4-B802-7199508FB655.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A pal who is a session player told me of the time he was hired to play for Mr Nail. He told me the musicians were instructed not to speak to or engage with his nibs in any way unless he spoke to them first. So, although he's not bad, I've never listened to his stuff.

Edited by Dan Dare

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

A pal who is a session player told me of the time he was hired to play for Mr Nail. He told me the musicians were instructed not to speak to or engage with his nibs in any way unless he spoke to them first. So, although he's not bad, I've never listened to his stuff.

Perhaps his ego has diminished in size since then?

Wiki says “Nail came out of retirement to act and sing in The Last Ship, a musical by Sting about the shipbuilders of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the hometown of both Nail and Sting.”

From memory that sank like a lead ballon didn’t it?

Edited by gareth

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

Whatttt? Nail’s no big deal at all, is he. Tom Cruise he ain’t.

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

Typical of someone called Nail 😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bassace said:

Whatttt? Nail’s no big deal at all, is he. Tom Cruise he ain’t.

Exactly. And, according to Jeremy Clarkson, Tom C was a great sport when he did Top Gear. Hung out with the crew and was a general good egg.

don't like Ain't No Doubt, but really like Crocodile Shoes and Cowboy Dreams as for his behaviour the only thing I've got to go on is my partner met him once during the filming of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, she said he really was just like Oz 😂

I remember when all this was trees. And you could leave your front door open. 

• Like 1

Spender rocks.lol.If you are from Newcastle you may well know Nail can run faster than a train.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Do you nail it shut these days?

30 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Do you nail it shut these days?

Yes, but it makes me look a bit of a pratt. 

48 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

He's a bloody great singer, and a very creative chap.

What’s he doing now?

Just now, gareth said:

What’s he doing now?

I dunno... it's getting late, so watching Netflix in his pyjamas, maybe?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

I dunno... it's getting late, so watching Netflix in his pyjamas, maybe?

Just like me then ........ but seriously I haven’t seen or heard of him for years - shame I thought he was a good actor with something other than a southern accent

9 hours ago, Rich said:

You try telling that to kids these days!

37 minutes ago, ubit said:

You try telling that to kids these days!

Yes the best we could manage was a cup of tea, cold tea, without milk or sugar, ... or tea .....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Yes the best we could manage was a cup of tea, cold tea, without milk or sugar, ... or tea .....

Luxury!

15 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Exactly. And, according to Jeremy Clarkson, Tom C was a great sport when he did Top Gear. Hung out with the crew and was a general good egg.

I think it depends on the stories and anecdotes you hear. I heard Mr Cruise, when on set, had a flunky announce to the cast and crew when he was about to appear. "Mr Cruise is  about to come on set in 10 seconds" etc. Who knows. I am surprised at Jimmy though, first time I set eyes on him he was still working in a glaziers in Walker. Remember your roots.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

don't like Ain't No Doubt, but really like Crocodile Shoes and Cowboy Dreams as for his behaviour the only thing I've got to go on is my partner met him once during the filming of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, she said he really was just like Oz 😂

I believe, at the time, he was Oz. When they were casting it, the story goes, he walked in and the writers were instantly praying he could act. He was exactly how they pictured the character.