Why become a member? ×

Shazam is just the best app ever invented!

ubit

I have discovered so much new music by leaving Shazam auto Shazam'ing in the background during tv shows. The Umbrella Academy, Lucifer and Hemlock Grove have been particular treasure troves of new music. 

Anyone found any gems with this great little app?

Heres a couple I found.

• Like 1

I have a huge/diverse playlist on Spotify; started out as a few guilty pleasures although it's been expanded immeasurably.  Nothing better than sticking BBC Berkshire's Melody Hour show on on a Sunday night and Shazamming every other track and appending said playlist with it.  I just stick the playlist on shuffle and boom, you're away.

I mean, where are you ever going to hear Richard Van Dyke's Jolly Holiday playing after Argent's Hold Your Head Up?,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubit said:

I have discovered so much new music by leaving Shazam auto Shazam'ing in the background during tv shows. The Umbrella Academy, Lucifer and Hemlock Grove have been particular treasure troves of new music. 

Anyone found any gems with this great little app?

Heres a couple I found.

Ooo I didn’t know about the auto feature, must look into that. It would certainly save rushed button pushing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

Ooo I didn’t know about the auto feature, must look into that. It would certainly save rushed button pushing. 

You just hold for auto Shazam. Its great if you are watching a show that has lots of music in it. You can enjoy the show and then browse through the music that was in it at your leisure or leeshure if you are Americain.