Why become a member? ×

FedEx ...

I ordered something a few months ago , and paid extra for postage . Package never arrived on the day it should have .

On Saturday , I ordered some packing crates from Ryman . Again, I paid a bit extra for next day delivery that as today .

Both times ...FedEx . ! 
If I knew Ryman used them , I would have waited for normal delivery and avoided . 

Lesson learned . Never again .

Tomorrow I'll ask for refund of postage from Ryman . If not successful , A full refund .

Ipad battery about to quit . Sane with iPhone due to crap websites 

Rant over 

FedEx delivered a parcel to me today, massive hole in the box half way up.  Driver dropped it on the door step and was back in his van by the time I got to the door.  Fortunately it doesn't seem the contents were harmed in any way.

But if I was to avoid every courier who's let me down over the past 2 years I wouldn't be buying anything online any more.

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 1

I tried to contact Ryman on their virtual assistant . That didn't work.

In the end , I decided to send a polite email asking them where the Shipment island 

if I would be refunded for late delivery . 

In a way, it's my own fault for not using their standard delivery . 

I could be wrong , but I think that it varies in areas where you get good and bad courier service 

Where I am , it seems dpd can do no wrong . Royal Mail are pretty good . Amazon is always good ..

Sorry to hear that @RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE. I’ve had (comparatively) minor issues with FedEx before - they almost sent something I’d ordered back to the original sender because they claimed I hadn’t paid the import tax and duty required. In fact they never contacted me once to give me the opportunity to pay - I only found out because the seller contacted me direct! I don’t touch DPD anymore as they badly damaged one of my parcels once and a Thumb NT that I ordered went missing, never to be seen again. Bizarrely, the best and most consistent experience I’ve had so far is with Hermes, and I’ve heard all sorts of horror stories from others about them! 

• Thanks 1

My experience is that not a single one of them can be trusted fully. It's pot luck. 

What I know for certain is that intermediaries who find you the best deal will never, ever, not once, stand up and help when things go pear shaped. Their only use is to find a courier who will take stuff over length or weight that your usual provider won't and for getting a good idea of cost. I'll never book through one again because the standard answer when they fail is "the service is not guaranteed". Taking your payment immediately is somehow ALWAYS guaranteed. It's a very unfair contract. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

My experience is that not a single one of them can be trusted fully. It's pot luck. 

What I know for certain is that intermediaries who find you the best deal will never, ever, not once, stand up and help when things go pear shaped. Their only use is to find a courier who will take stuff over length or weight that your usual provider won't and for getting a good idea of cost. I'll never book through one again because the standard answer when they fail is "the service is not guaranteed". Taking your payment immediately is somehow ALWAYS guaranteed. It's a very unfair contract. 

This, 100%. It’s tricky, particularly when selling your own gear. Do you remove the risk of something getting lost/damaged by a courier and offer collection only, thus greatly limiting the potential number of buyers, or offer postage to increase the number of punters but run the risk of something nasty happening in transit? Decisions, decisions. 

• Like 1

Latest update : spent a long time on and off throughout the day( not stressed but checking every few hrs for any news)) This entailed tracking on the American page of the fed ex page I was misdirected to and the uk page which I found myself . I left polite emails to Ryman , plus used their useless virtual assistant and left my no as callback once I reached caller no 1

Nothing materialised. This morning , I checked n PayPal app  and looking to get a refunfd looks complicated . Via them I sent an email direct to Ryman once again 

I should 've went to the Amazon 🌪☀️🐉🌴

I decided to google complaints at Ryman , and found something from moneysavingexpert who help you contact them in a more direct way .  I'm a member of mse forum anyway , which is a great forum for a multitude of things . 

Even now , I don't mind if the items arrive ..but with the postage cost  deducted and refunded

I was on the customer service phone line for a wile while I was preparing my dinner .

It has given me an idea to record it partly and upload to soundcloud  with a few noises of my own .  
In the meantime , feedback has been left on Trustpilot and Facebook which I don't use much 

Further update as and when ..

Further update:

I received email today from  Ryman telling me that the items have been ordered and will be delivered in 3-5 working days .

I have just replied telling them that it is not good enough. No apology

No offer of refund of postage . So I want my refund paid into my PayPal account . 

The tool I used in MSE is called resolver ,and is a very useful .

I have typed in the same message there also . 

Do not use Ryman! Do not use Fed Ex !  Lesson learned ..

Last year I was importing speakers from Norway to Ireland with Fedex and received an email stating that the goods would be going out for delivery, once I had paid import duty and taxes. All was well with that and I paid the fee over the phone which to rhe best of my memory €450 euro approx. The following day I discovered the £450 pounds sterling had been withdrawn from my account as  opposed to euro. I went through months of phone calls and emails to have the difference reimbursed. Eventually succeeded but was still left with the currency conversion charges, which Fedex refused to pay.

Never again will I use Fedex. In my case they were incompetent and stole money from me.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear of your woes Leroy . 

My issue is now 2 fold : Ryman sent me an email this morning telling me they would like to refund the money but cannot as I have a PayPal case open

once this is closed,, they can then refund money for me . 

The thing is , I don't know if they can be trusted to do so 

If I close the case , can it be reopened  ? 

Annoying ..

Sorry to hear of all your troubles 😕.I have to say I sent a very expensive bass to Corsica by fedex just after Christmas.As you can imagine I was VERY nervous about the whole thing but it got there ahead of schedule in 3days undamaged and everything went very smoothly though I did make sure it was bloody well packed/protected.Maybe I was just lucky? Relieved though!! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, leroydiamond said:

Last year I was importing speakers from Norway to Ireland with Fedex and received an email stating that the goods would be going out for delivery, once I had paid import duty and taxes. All was well with that and I paid the fee over the phone which to rhe best of my memory €450 euro approx. The following day I discovered the £450 pounds sterling had been withdrawn from my account as  opposed to euro. I went through months of phone calls and emails to have the difference reimbursed. Eventually succeeded but was still left with the currency conversion charges, which Fedex refused to pay.

Never again will I use Fedex. In my case they were incompetent and stole money from me.

This happened to me too, although with UPS - they calculated my VAT total based on Euros and then just converted it 1:1 to pounds. Thankfully it only worked out as a fiver more expensive so I felt the time it would take to sort wasn’t worth the hassle. I’d be concerned if it was a higher value item though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... all wrapped up. Case closed. Money refunded.

Thie title of this thread should read Ryman and FedEx , due to the lack of professional customer service .

In the last couple of days , I have had  couple more customer service advisors asking me to close my PayPal dispute . I refused, telling them I may as well wait an extra few days to receive refund rather than not get it at all as I don't trust Ryman at all.

This morning I received an email asking me to review my experience .I thought it was another trust pilot review but it was from Ryman theirselves for their website.

Anyway, I criticised their reliance of virtual assistants and lack of customer service skills. The heading of the feedback was PayPal dispute. The last few words were" give me my refund "

So, upon seeing this this morning PayPal sent email advising me of refund . 
One other thing : if you are asked to close your PayPal dispute before receiving payment, do not do that .

I'll leave it there ...

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 10:26, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Okay... all wrapped up. Case closed. Money refunded.

Thie title of this thread should read Ryman and FedEx , due to the lack of professional customer service .

In the last couple of days , I have had  couple more customer service advisors asking me to close my PayPal dispute . I refused, telling them I may as well wait an extra few days to receive refund rather than not get it at all as I don't trust Ryman at all.

This morning I received an email asking me to review my experience .I thought it was another trust pilot review but it was from Ryman theirselves for their website.

Anyway, I criticised their reliance of virtual assistants and lack of customer service skills. The heading of the feedback was PayPal dispute. The last few words were" give me my refund "

So, upon seeing this this morning PayPal sent email advising me of refund . 
One other thing : if you are asked to close your PayPal dispute before receiving payment, do not do that .

I'll leave it there ...

I’ve had similar experiences, “we can’t make refund until you close the dispute”.

Oh yes you can, one chance to make that very refund or watch your message fly it’s way to your CEOs inbox.

Heres your refund.

• Like 2