Why become a member? ×

FEA Opti-Fet compressor (all pedals sold now)
£890
Edinburgh

Embra

I’m having a big clear of some seriously good bass pedals. All these pedals have never been gigged and come from a smoke-free environment. They will be posted via Royal Mail, insured and properly packaged in bubblewrap to keep them safe. All prices include postage.

FEA Opti-Fet price drop£200 Sold

First off is an FEA Opti-Fet compressor which I bought direct from Frank in Feb 2017. It’s been a favourite since then but I’m struggling to justify keeping it (also have an Cali76 CB and an Empress Bass Compressor - despite the Opti-Fet’s gorgeous warm sounds, I really prefer comps with a blend knob).

It’s never been gigged and comes from a smoke-free environment. Apart from the chips in the paint work you can see in the photos, it’s in excellent condition. Check out the great review in Ovnilab as well as the builder’s webpage here. For those of you with a ShiftLine Olympic, this compressor is sublime in its loop :)

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

Solidgoldfx Funklite price drop £120 (SOLD)

Nifty little filter pedal in excellent condition. Lightly used and still looks new. From the website:

Only three controls: Depth, Freq(uency) and Attack. A toggle switch changes the direction of the sweep. Depth adjusts the intensity of the filter sweep, from shallow cuts to deep scallops, while the Freq control adjusts the center frequency of the sweep. The Attack control adjusts two parameters at once—the sensitivity of the filter opening and the decay of the overall tone. As you might expect, these three controls are incredibly interactive, with a multitude of funktions on tap.

Broughton Audio Resonant Filter Equalizer £200 (Sold)

Next up, another rarity from across the pond. Broughton Audio’s Resonant Filter Equalizer is an amazing HPF, LPF and mid EQ combo with resonance control on the filters. This is an amazing shaper of your bass sound helping to tighten up the low end and smooth out HF pedals like fuzz or synth. I also have a Broughton Studio One (which will never leave me) and the small Always On HPF and even though the RFE is the more versatile HPF/LPF, the other two are mainstays on my two boards and the RFE hasn’t been used in several months. It’s in excellent condition apart from a few scuff marks on the right side near the top (see photos).

Damnation Audio MBD2 overdrive/distortion £180 (Sold)

A very versatile distortion pedal which excels at light overdrive as well as in-your-face distortion. Has a parallel clean channel too to keep the bass intact. I used it 99% for overdrive and it’s up there with the best I’ve used over the years. It’s in excellent condition.

Aguilar Grape Phaser £130 (Sold)

Lovely phaser with a very simply interface - just find your sound and forget it. Definitely not one for the knob twiddlers but if you just want one great phaser sound, this is your pedal. I tend to go through phases with my modulation choice (excuse pun) so this is on it’s way out to be replaced by a flanger (again…).

IMG_1905.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1887.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

Edited by Embra

• Embra changed the title to FEA Opti-Fet compressor

I'm a big fan of the FEA compressor (which is why I already have one so won't be buying this one - but good luck with the sale!), un-obtrusive compression that makes everything a bit more even and punchy while somehow simultaneously adding a nice slightly softened/vintage tone, and there's nothing else I'm aware of with a separate footswitch for the sidechain compression - that's something I use a lot for things like playing Dub/Reggae and wanting to leave the Bass less compressed but then when switching to playing with an envelope filter that needs the Bass more compressed the sidechain compression can be clicked off.  

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

• Embra changed the title to FEA Opti-Fet compressor (all pedals sold now)
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic