Why become a member? ×

NTDID

tayste_2000

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Why a tube DI?

More common that you think, see A designs REDDI. Same clean signal you expect from any DI box but with more harmonic content, additionally they almost always have a gain stage to push a hotter signal if you want to.

This one specifically has a huge transformer in it as well which helps with the quality of sound.

Live I wouldn't recommend it, too subtle, too big and too heavy of a box but in the studio it's that extra piece of magic.

I primarily run IEM's so between the bass and a good quality DI there isn't really a lot else in my chain for me to spend money on. 😎

Additionally, now with foamed out Peli case.

C544ED38-EF43-4A1A-83D3-6FF8B978C9C9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pow_22 said:

Mine has been used loads in lockdown with remote recording and has been a godsend.  Like you say, it just adds a little ‘something’ extra - thicker and more musical to my ears

04CEE125-3295-4CFB-B764-EE66AF3DD7A4.jpeg

This is what I originally wanted and sparked the idea, particularly when a Khan came up for sale recently.

That said as a huge Leland Sklar he used a Groove Tubes Di for most of the 00's so it had always been in the back of my mind, you just never see them for sale in the UK

I think we're in the same boat, I didn't need a tube di when sessions were held at studios but we're all doing more and more home recording and we need ways of making those £100 interfaces sound better 😂

• Like 1