Why become a member? ×

Shuker Series II 5 string Now Sold
£1100
West Berks

deepbass5

Dropped to £1000 collected

Here Is my Shuker 5 string series II.   last played new years eve 2019/20 so thought this may deserve a new home.  For Sale only UK pick up / or meet up

This has been my main go to bass for the last 10 years yet still looks like new.

Great tone and It speaks really well against guitars and drums, only ever needs a little mid cut when music requires.

Bought this on Here from Homer  It is just as it came to me with Wizard soap bars and a John East pre-Amp. but originally commissioned by Simon (Old Git). with Shuker pre and different Pups

Specifications

Ash Body

Camphor Burr top with matching headstock

Maple neck and finger board

18 volt system

John East Pre.  Plus Kill switch

Side dot landing lights

includes  Shuker case

weight  9 lb 5 oz kitchen scales

34" scale with 19mm string spacing at bridge

Condition 9+/10 cant find any marks on it to photo, only noticed a little dulling from fingers wear under G string

Photos attached

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

IMG_4943.JPG

Edited by deepbass5
Sold
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, deepbass5 said:

Here Is my Shuker 5 string series II.   last played new years eve 2019/20 so thought this may deserve a new home.  For Sale only UK pick up / meet up will not post.

This has been my main go to bass for the last 10 years yet still looks like new. Used extensively in our Function band and on jazz gigs.

Great tone and It speaks really well against guitars and drums, only ever needs a little mid cut when music requires.

Bought this on Here from Homer  It is just as it came to me with Wizard soap bars and a John East pre-Amp. but originally commissioned by Simon (Old Git). with Shuker pre and different Pups

Specifications

Ash Body

Camphor Burr top with matching headstock

Maple neck and finger board

18 volt system

John East Pre.  Plus Kill switch

Side dot landing lights

includes  Shuker case

weight  9 lb 5 oz kitchen scales

34" scale with 19mm string spacing at bridge

Condition 9+/10 cant find any marks on it to photo, only noticed a little dulling from fingers wear under G string

Photos attached

IMG_4943.JPG

Action a bit high!!

Edited by Rich

Shuker makes seriously good basses. My Series 2 is my “go to” bass for reliability, ease of playing, and recording quality. This one looks fab and I reckon would cost more than twice this price to spec new.
GLWTS

• Thanks 1

Thanks Risk101, this has been my go to bass as well.  But I'm playing only jazz now and leaning toward my 4 string more.

This bass does come with the Neotech padded strap as in picture 1,  forgot to mention that.

Last bump for this, but it will remain available as will be indicated on my signature below, should any of you be interested. I am happy to meet up at a reasonable distance or further if you own a B&B by the sea. 😉

And I still keep staring at it even after a week of daily sneak peaks ..so tempting I am surprised it's still here I am currently trying to find piggy banks to raid as I am meant to be redoing my kitchen !!!! 😂

@deepbass5 Damn you , you don't fancy a day trip to Birmingham by any chance? That's at least 1/2 there from Leeds 

Would make a nice addition

PXL_20210502_195807380.jpg

Edited by ZenBasses

On 14/04/2021 at 11:25, Risk101 said:

Shuker makes seriously good basses. My Series 2 is my “go to” bass for reliability, ease of playing, and recording quality. This one looks fab and I reckon would cost more than twice this price to spec new.
GLWTS

Probably nearer 3 times the price at Jon's going rate and not to mention the long lead time 

Thanks Funky, but I don't even want to ship it in UK if I can help it.  I have fond memories of a weekend of gigs at a wine festival on the french border, I was going to say if you can organize a spot this year I'll be there. But its probably a No

Sorry good luck with your search 

• MB1 locked this topic