Why become a member? ×

Ant v Drummer

Stealth

Anyone used an ant in anger with a 4ohm cab ? I’m toying with an Ant and barefaced 110 plus 210 rig 

come on bass amp manufacturers give us a 500 @4 300@8 power brick with 9 v to power pedals and well pay £399 !

• Like 1

I was tempted, but if possible go and see an ant in the flesh (the pedal not the insect) they were much bigger than I thought when I saw one, making it a bit pointless. Not much smaller than a small 500w - 800w amp. I just couldnt understand it.

I'd rather use a gk mb 800 if size / bulk is an issue.

So you have an ant....on the floor....and you still need a speaker cabinet. Any tone/volume changes are done by leaning down to the floor (or having to kneel down) and twiddle the knobs. As opposed to a combo, where they place the knobs on the top (not the bottom) of the unit; or an amp head, where you could place it on top of the speaker cabinet, or perhaps even higher up, where the knobs are easily reachable.

Given the average age of bass players is about 55, the "accessibility" is going to be a factor, I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 05:56, Stealth said:

Anyone used an ant in anger with a 4ohm cab ? I’m toying with an Ant and barefaced 110 plus 210 rig 

come on bass amp manufacturers give us a 500 @4 300@8 power brick with 9 v to power pedals and well pay £399 !

I wouldn't!

Isn't an ant an uncle's wife? :)