Why become a member? ×

Introduction

**dubs**

Hi All,

I thought I'd finally sign up to Bass Chat after knowing about it for a long time and never actually taking the plunge. I recently re-bought an Aguilar Agro pedal on eBay and sparked up a conversation with the fella that I bought it off. Than conversation faded out with a strong recommendation that I join in on Bass Chat. So here I am.

I've been playing bass for some time now, I started in secondary school in the late 90's. I had lessons for a couple of years from a local guy who insisted he wouldn't teach me, unless I played fingerstyle (learning scales, mostly). I was in a gigging band for a couple of years in the North East, before heading off to university in a different town. My career has had me move about quite a bit, and I've always tried to be involved in different musical get togethers and projects wherever I've been, to stay motivated. I've managed to aquire some basses and guitars, alongside learning about music & theory when and where I can. There's something about music that I just can't leave alone, there are so many challenges and things to master, it's a constant chase, but I love it! I play 4 string basses, fingerstyle or with a pick, and I play guitar too. I've been in an originals band, in Hertfordshire, for the last 5+ years. 

Jeez, this feels a bit material, but I do have some gear which I'd list as:

Fender ('98 MIJ) '75 Re-Issue Jazz Bass (Surf green nitro re-fin, tort scratchplate block inlays on rosewod fretboarded neck) tuned to E/Eb/drop D/drop C# when need be

Fender (~2010 MIM) '57 Re-Issue P-Bass (Olympic white nitro re-fin, Anodised scratch plate, maple neck, strung with LaBella Flatwounds) tuned to E/Eb

Fender (~1996 MIM) P-bass (Sunburst, relic-ed to resemble Nick Oliveri's Queens of The Stone Age P-Bass, maple neck) Tuned to Cstd

Rickenbacker 4001 (1978) in white with back scratch plate, hipshot bridge and the (tone cap remeved from bridge PU before I owned it - sounds monster, so I ve never replaced it) tuned to E/Eb

Fender (~2017 MIJ) Mustang bass (was white refinned in Ocean Turquoise Strung with LaBella Flats) Tuned to Estd

I have 2 pedal boards and play through a (relitively spine friendly) TC Electronic RH450 with the RH2x10 & RH1x12 (Trace Elliot back in the day)

I have some guitars too;  A MIJ Jazzmaster, a Roadworn Tele Deluxe and a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop.

I'm not much of a snob, but I'm definitely a tinkerer. I don't do fret work, or refins, but do most other stuff well.

Look forward to getting involved

Best,

Stu

• Like 1