Why become a member? ×

Makeup/Vanity Cases for essential accessories

TomWIC

I’m after a toolbox style hard case with compartments that I can use for essential accessories at rehearsal and gigs, picks, spare cables, batteries, chargers, etc. Basically I’m sick of rummaging through a duffle bag whenever I need anything, which is impossible to keep organised. I’m leaning toward grabbing one of these makeup/vanity cases from Argos that look pretty decent and up to the job.

Before I order one, does anyone have recommendations for anything similar and/or better around the similar price point? And if anyone has had the same idea, please let me know so I know I’m not being crazy 😂

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4385659?clickSR=slp:term:compartment case:25:1041:2

Edited by TomWIC

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I'd look at a toolbox - the vanity case is likey to be extremely flimsy & easily broken.

Something like this is cheaper and likely to be much sturdier: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5412459?clickSR=slp:term:toolbox:1:986:1

Looks like a much better idea, and better on the wallet too! Cheers ☺️

4 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I'd look at a toolbox - the vanity case is likey to be extremely flimsy & easily broken.

Something like this is cheaper and likely to be much sturdier: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5412459?clickSR=slp:term:toolbox:1:986:1

Toolboxes aren't great for organisation though.. The compartments might be okay for plectra and the usual tray for small items but then everything else is generally in the main space.
Previously I've favoured the 'Aluminium 'Briefcase' Type Case' option often used for photo/video kit with configurable foam and/or movable dividers.

The 'vanity case' option looks interesting if mechanically substantial enough.

• Like 1

Would one of these be suitable, I use mine for router cutters in my workshop, they have a pull out tray for bits and pieces and they are pretty cheap , Stanley do a more robust one , edit, JLP already posted a link 🙂

C725D4CB-BD1E-4AD7-BB17-E0080A0E6EAA.jpeg

Edited by Reggaebass

I use something like that, a vanity case that is, and it has proved to be pretty resilient.  It's like 2 cases that clip together in the middle and I use the top half for smaller things like my transmitter bits and pieces and picks and fuses and the bottom half for leads.  I bought it in a charity shop for £7 and I've used it for a few years and it's been great.  I forgot to mention, the top half also has a mirror so that I can preen properly before strutting my funky stuff.

Just like this one at the bottom of the page.   https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/XK8IqnGtxkpTLmC9/2-tier-vanity-case-make-up-hair-dressing-case

i use a cheap alu framed toolbox (the type that often come with foam for camera gear etc,)

to keep stuff organised inside i use small zip up pouches from ikea with similar things in each (one with batteries, one for tools etc, these are either different colours or have a coloured tag so i can find stuff easily.

Travel Accessories - Travel Essentials - IKEA

a toiletry bag is another great option, i have a black one with 3 sections that rolls/folds up and has a loop at one end so it can be hung up, can hang it on the hidden side of a cab with emergency batteries etc in it.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...