Why become a member? ×

New neck on MM SUB?

lowlandtrees

Could someone advise me on putting a new neck on my Musicman SUB. The neck that is available is quite expensive(£450) it’s from a Stingray. Don’t want to buy it and find it doesn’t fit or intonation is out or something else. I assume if it’s slightly big then a luthier could fit it.

The bass in question is a back up (bought it on BC years ago). I still play and like it it but would like to upgrade the neck.

There was a thread a while back that said the Status graphite ones fit I think?

A genuine Stingray neck definitely doesn’t fit a Sterling Ray34 as I have tried. The neck pocket on the Ray34 is marginally narrower... not sure about the SUB. If it’s a USA one it may fit.

Will Ernie Ball sell a neck separately? I thought they were really strict on making clones/bitsa’s.

Edited by tegs07

3 hours ago, tegs07 said:

There was a thread a while back that said the Status graphite ones fit I think?

A genuine Stingray neck definitely doesn’t fit a Sterling Ray34 as I have tried. The neck pocket on the Ray34 is marginally narrower... not sure about the SUB. If it’s a USA one it may fit.

Will Ernie Ball sell a neck separately? I thought they were really strict on making clones/bitsa’s.

It’s a US made SUB from 2007 I think. Sounds great but not a great neck. I looked at the Status ones. They are also around £450+. Not sure about EB. I’m in no hurry, just happened to see someone selling a neck but maybe a little expensive.