Why become a member? Ɨ

I was going to buy a Jack Casady bass, but....

Tvrtastic

I got fed up with the wait for left handers continually being pushed back. šŸ˜’

So, on a whim I bought a Teenage Engineering OP-Z groove box, and itā€™s awesome!

Plan was to just create some beats and sequencesĀ to play along to. Ā But Iā€™ve had it a couple of weeks now and Iā€™m lost in a world of techno dance groves. šŸ˜Ā 

Weird for a 55 year old whose never been to a rave, and last time in a nightclub was during the ā€˜Hitman and herā€™ era?Ā Ā 

I guess Iā€™ve always like Faithless though. šŸ˜€

Ā 

Ā 

79EDB27E-21CB-47FA-92FF-DA785DEA71ED.jpeg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Tvrtastic said:

I got fed up with the wait for left handers continually being pushed back. šŸ˜’

Me too, almost! I started another thread this morning specifically on this issue. (long story shortened the retailer I spoke to basically said Gibson/ Epiphone deliveries are pot luck what gets sent and when they'd arrive). Trying to find another semi hollow solution now...Ā 

4 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

There's lots going on there, and hours of fun .Ā 
I looked at this on you tube , and Ā there's an abundance of stuff on there.

Now get Ā a moog to go with it šŸ˜¼

AndĀ now I get to get synth gas also? šŸ˜‚

TBH this thing is likely to be above my grade for some time, and even without bringing in samples etc the built in synths have great sounds. Ā 

Whatā€™s amazing for me is that itā€™s taken me right back to when I first started playing music, 16 yearā€™s old with two mates when parents out at work. All taking it in turns on guitar, bass and drums.Ā No skill or knowledge, but just driven and amazed at producing ā€˜musicā€™. Ā Itā€™s good to have a fresh start at something. Ā šŸ˜ƒ

7 minutes ago, Tvrtastic said:

AndĀ now I get to get synth gas also? šŸ˜‚

TBH this thing is likely to be above my grade for some time, and even without bringing in samples etc the built in synths have great sounds. Ā 

Whatā€™s amazing for me is that itā€™s taken me right back to when I first started playing music, 16 yearā€™s old with two mates when parents out at work. All taking it in turns on guitar, bass and drums.Ā No skill or knowledge, but just driven and amazed at producing ā€˜musicā€™. Ā Itā€™s good to have a fresh start at something. Ā šŸ˜ƒ

It looks a bit complicated in places, but the you tube clips ive seen make it not as daunting as it could be . I think being bass players , we just tend to plug and play etc .Ā 
Brlieve it or not , I'm going through a similar phase to yourself .

I'm a couple of years older , but stopped gigging years ago.Ā 
A couple of years ago , I got the moog grandmother after seeing it reviewed

I found it daunting , and Ā as it's a little on the large side I was struggling where to put it in my small flat . Problem solved during lockdown , and I'm slowly getting tangerine dream and klaus Schulz sounds .Ā 
A couple of weeks ago , I saw a moog dfam and it was too hard to refuse on fleabay .Ā 
I'm now contemplating off loading a couple of basses šŸ™€

Enjoy your new toy šŸ˜¼

5 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

It looks a bit complicated in places, but the you tube clips ive seen make it not as daunting as it could be . I think being bass players , we just tend to plug and play etc .Ā 
Brlieve it or not , I'm going through a similar phase to yourself .

I'm a couple of years older , but stopped gigging years ago.Ā 
A couple of years ago , I got the moog grandmother after seeing it reviewed

I found it daunting , and Ā as it's a little on the large side I was struggling where to put it in my small flat . Problem solved during lockdown , and I'm slowly getting tangerine dream and klaus Schulz sounds .Ā 
A couple of weeks ago , I saw a moog dfam and it was too hard to refuse on fleabay .Ā 
I'm now contemplating off loading a couple of basses šŸ™€

Enjoy your new toy šŸ˜¼

MoogĀ grandmother, just googled it. Wow thatā€™s quiteĀ hardcore. MoogĀ emulator on your iPad not good enough?Ā šŸ˜‰Ā 

I also donā€™t gig anymore. Ā Trashed hearing. Hearing aids shut down at high volume/pressure of the bass and without them i struggle to hear the rest of the band. Ā But itā€™s not all woe, with headphones,Ā AmpliTube, loopers, 6 string guitar etc I am producing and hearing sounds that 20 years ago I could only have dreamed of!

creativity and expression has never been more accessible, shame that most youngsters seem to be more interested in Instagram and image. šŸ˜¢

• Like 1

I have the moog apps as well..šŸ˜¼

I'ts just better having a real one . Although pricey , they are Ā not as astronomical in price than they were.Ā 
Ā 

Yeah , thankfully technology is giving us Ā so many Ā things we'd never have thought possible .Ā 
Who would've thought you could play gigs with small amps Ā the size of your hand ?Ā 
Good to see we're not too old to keep up with what's going on ..šŸ˜ŗ

May not be the route you want to go down, but, there seem to be a couple of used semi acoustic lefties (Warwick Star Bass and anĀ Epi JC) currently for sale via Arniā€™s Lefty Bass site ?