Why become a member? ×

Thoughts on a GENZ BENZ GB410T?

John Wick

Hi guys,

In my quest for a new rig I came across a Genz Benz GB410T, in near mint condition, for 300€. Now there's little to be found on this type of cab, and I wondered who among you have any experience with it? 

As I'm on a tight budget I'm really sifting through just about anything available secondhand (haven't looked on Basschat though, will do so). In my imagination, pairing up a GB410T with a Hartke HA5500 could work wonders.....

What say you? 

There have been a few iterations of the GB410T cabinet, with the biggest difference being port configuration. One characteristic in common is that they are all quite heavy. That said, I've yet to come by a Genz-Benz cabinet that didn't sound good. Here's a quick chart, oldest to newest.

• GB410T STD - 4 ohms, rear round ports.
  • GB410T-XB2 - 4 ohms, front round ports.
  • GB410T-XB3 - 4 ohms, front slot ported.

300€ would be a bit steep in the US market, I've no idea how that stands elsewhere.

Edited by abarson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abarson said:

There have been a few iterations of the GB410T cabinet, with the biggest difference being port configuration. One characteristic in common is that they are all quite heavy. That said, I've yet to come by a Genz-Benz cabinet that didn't sound good. Here's a quick chart, oldest to newest.

• GB410T STD - 4 ohms, rear round ports.
  • GB410T-XB2 - 4 ohms, front round ports.
  • GB410T-XB3 - 4 ohms, front slot ported.

300€ would be a bit steep in the US market, I've no idea how that stands elsewhere.

Thanks Abarson! The seller says it's an 8ohm cab, could he be mistaken? As for the price I really can't tell. This the very first Gen Benz cab I've ever seen 2ndhand in Belgium. 300€ seemed a good price for a quality cab, but now you got me doubting! 😉

There also a Hartke rig up for sale, and the seller is willing to sell it me for 500€.... How do Hartke VX cabs compare to Genz Benz older 410's?

https://www.2dehands.be/a/muziek-en-instrumenten/versterkers-bas-en-gitaar/m1676261749-hartke-bass-stack.html?c=4dc4183dfac1254e7aa85845826d5acd&previousPage=mympBuyer

Ok, that's a GB 410 standard, had to go back deep into the archives but it was a model from the mid to late 1990's and was shipped 8 ohm as standard with a 4 ohm optional version as well.

I do still have a limited number of recone kits available for this model in both 8 ohms (standard cabinet, series-parallel wiring) and 4 ohms (optional cabinet, 16 ohm driver parallel wiring).

• Like 2