Why become a member? ×

Help me decide which new Epiphone Bass to buy!!!!!

Denny DeGorio

3 hours ago, ubit said:

To be fair it wasn't the pro version.Still, very weak pups.

14 hours ago, StickyDBRmf said:

AW, they're so cool in and of themselves. I would have to A/B them in a music store - hey you're in Texas - everything's open there, aint it? I'm in Jersey got my shots, can go anywhere - don't know if Guitar Center has both of 'em hanging.

54 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

So you’re a rocker at heart, Denny. The Thunderbird low-slung image works for you. But you’re right, the JC is probably easier to fit into multiple genres - especially if, like me, you tend towards rootsier stuff as the years go by.

That said, I have seen the Thunderbird played by a country bassist. It looked daft but sounded fine. So how much do looks and image matter to you? And how broad-minded are Austin bands and audiences? Would be a shame to lose a potential gig cos you look like the guy from MotleyCrue!😬

4 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

You'd be surprised...

unnamed-7.jpg

That looks cool and different. More of the classic look but slung low it'll work in a rock band. I can't think of a stye of music that it wouldn't. For some reason I don't like that they named it after an artist even though I like and respect Casady guitars should be named by the guitar designer like Leo Fender or something. I'll just give it a name like BB King's "Lucy" ha! Just kidding. It's certainly not a deal breaker. I think Mickeybro is right about the Thunderbird looking a little daft like in a country band. I think I will get the JC but I want to hear it and see how those pickups sound and how it looks on me. Sounds like the JC is winning this thread - I'm still happy to hear what you think!!!

1 hour ago, Mickeyboro said:

So you’re a rocker at heart, Denny. The Thunderbird low-slung image works for you. But you’re right, the JC is probably easier to fit into multiple genres - especially if, like me, you tend towards rootsier stuff as the years go by.

That said, I have seen the Thunderbird played by a country bassist. It looked daft but sounded fine. So how much do looks and image matter to you? And how broad-minded are Austin bands and audiences? Would be a shame to lose a potential gig cos you look like the guy from MotleyCrue!😬

Have you looked at his photo, the guy wears a crown and a golden coat 😏!