Why become a member? ×

Hello

Eko

Not much to tell. I’m a bass player since 1970. Mostly blues, jazz, rock and progrock. Was only a professional musician for a few short years. Now I’m primarily a hobbyist who plays my own music mostly for my own enjoyment. Very happy to have found this forum. 

Edited by Eko
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Thank you for not calling it quaint.

I don’t see anywhere that I called it anything, let alone said it’s “quaint.” If I’m to be called out for something I said, I’d think it would only be fair if it were for my actual words. 

Where I live, “village” implies a community of likeminded people with good manners and a strong sense of community. My comment was solely intended to be taken as warm praise. Going forward I’d hope what I offer as friendly compliments will be less misinterpreted as people get to know me better. 😲

23 minutes ago, Eko said:

I don’t see anywhere that I called it anything, let alone said it’s “quaint.” If I’m to be called out for something I said, I’d think it would only be fair if it were for my actual words. 

Where I live, “village” implies a community of likeminded people with good manners and a strong sense of community. My comment was solely intended to be taken as warm praise. Going forward I’d hope what I offer as friendly compliments will be less misinterpreted as people get to know me better. 😲

There's been a mis-understanding here. No-one needs 'calling out' on anything. Spondon's remark, in light jest, was very welcoming, and in no way intended to rile or irk you. Please (please...) take a moment to become more familiar with our ways; we are, indeed, a good-mannered community.
Apologies offered to @SpondonBassed for defending his post; a little patience will be required as we ease these new members into the comfortable slippers we all wear.

Peace. :friends:

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Sense of humour failure there.  Never mind.

The failure was entirely on my part. I misread your post and overreacted. One of the risks you encounter with pure text communications. Please accept my apology. I’ll lighten up and do better going forward. 

Edited by Eko
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

There's been a mis-understanding here. No-one needs 'calling out' on anything. Spondon's remark, in light jest, was very welcoming, and in no way intended to rile or irk you. Please (please...) take a moment to become more familiar with our ways; we are, indeed, a good-mannered community.
Apologies offered to @SpondonBassed for defending his post; a little patience will be required as we ease these new members into the comfortable slippers we all wear.

Peace. :friends:

Your absolutely right. The misinterpretation was entirely my own. I’ve already offered an apology to SpondonBassed for my mistake. Thanks for pointing out my misinterpretation. I should know better than to post anything when I’m having a bad day. 

Edited by Eko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eko said:

The failure was entirely on my part. I misread your post and overreacted. One of the risks you encounter with pure text communications. Please accept my apology. I’ll lighten up and do better going forward. 

None needed but appreciated none the less.  It's all a bit of fun in the end.  Enjoy the forum.

• Like 2

Hi Eko...

'All Good' here on basschat... Bad days are OK too, there are whole threads dedicated to em...

Beware the DoI (Den of Iniquity)... i wandered in there a while back, strange goings ons... was lost for days... but then again, they do go on a bit!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1