Why become a member? ×

Barefaced and Aguilar

WAYNESWORLD

Hi folks.

As I am lucky enough to to possibly be changing my car for something a bit more fun.Wondered if any of you have owned An Aguilar SL112 and a Barefaced One 10 and could give me your views on differences in volume tone etc. My current rig is TH500 and 2 x SL 112 .The SL would not fit in the boot but for small gigs thought about the possibility of a One 10 or even a One 10T if  you could  give me your views it would be much appreciated.. Cheers

Edited by WAYNESWORLD

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm ... what a coincidence. Been eyeing up these exact cabs (potentially paired with an Aguilar head too) as an upgrade up from a combo up to a grown up (albeit not for gigging) rig. Interested to hear any experiences with these. 👀

Spoiler

On 07/04/2021 at 10:31, WAYNESWORLD said:

My current rig is TH500 and 2 x SL 112 .The SL would not fit in the boot but for small gigs thought about the possibility of a One 10 or even a One 10T if  you could  give me your views it would be much appreciated.. Cheers

I don't know the  SL112 but I used to run 3 Bergantino AE112's and these were replaced by 2 SC's. That was in a stupidly loud band and with 5 string basses. In a normal band without a mad guitarist and with 4 string basses I would expect a Barefaced Super Compact to match 2 x SL112's.

I'm afraid my experience is only with the One10. I bought it to downsize without ever hearing it beforehand. So impressed was I, I bought another.

If you bought any of the BF range, 10's or 12's you could live with them for a while, get to know if they are what you want, and/or not, move them on with minimum loss. 

Edited by grandad
sense

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned a pair of DB112's and SL112's.

I'd use both cabs as my main rig and the single for smaller gigs, musical theatre jobs and such.

I also bought a BF 0ne 10 to pair with a TE ELF.

All are excellent at what they do, but IME, the BF one 10 odden't keep up with the single SL112.

They're both great and the BF punches well above its size though.

I'd like to try a compact rig of 2 x BF one 10's with my Aggy TH500..

On 17/04/2021 at 15:47, chris_b said:

I don't know the  SL112 but I used to run 3 Bergantino AE112's and these were replaced by 2 SC's. That was in a stupidly loud band and with 5 string basses. In a normal band without a mad guitarist and with 4 string basses I would expect a Barefaced Super Compact to match 2 x SL112's.

Yup, I went from 3 x AE112s to a single BF Super Twin (2x12). At least as much presence and ooomph (and even in the band with TWO stooopidly loud Marshall 100+412 geetards), and nearly a third of the weight. I should add I ran the AEs with the horns off, as for me they scooped the sound...which I don't like in a band context. The only thing I'd change the Super Twin for would be a pair of SCs, just for modularity in smaller pubs with the trio, but I have a Rumble 100 (with a 'proper' Eminence 12 in it) which covers that eventuality, sooooo...I'm all good 🙂

I only know the BF end.  It goes without saying the One10 is a gorgeous wee mite, and you'll have to spend more money on a beer glass to place on top to stop it blowing away in any passing breeze :) . But.. but.. it's surprising how often you hear people say, with @grandad "I had a One10, fantastic... so good I bought another".  And there's the rub. I too was amazed by it, but moved onto a Two10 just to get more oomph behind the oomph.  

• Like 1