Why become a member? ×

Gear Trolley - what you using ?

dmccombe7

8 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

If they are anything like the rubber mats we get here you'll want to leave them outside in the sun for a couple of weeks before installing. They gas off godknowswhat and it congeals on the inside of your windows, can't be good for your lungs either.

Never experienced anything like that and i had my pick up for 8 yrs and changed the mats a couple of times.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Really needs to be the folding type for me. Gonna go to Screwfix this week as rehearsals start on Sunday and i want to take my new cabs and own amp to try it out.

Dave

I bought a folding one and moved a large ( not American style ) fridge and various tall units. I think it's this one. Folds down flat.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/folding-sack-truck-80kg/1209p

3 hours ago, SH73 said:

I bought a folding one and moved a large ( not American style ) fridge and various tall units. I think it's this one. Folds down flat.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/folding-sack-truck-80kg/1209p

Went for this one, Ordered click and collect today and will pick up later in week when down near the Screwfix depot. Its 25 miles from me.

Dave

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
38 minutes ago, Chaosanator said:

Hi Dave, how's that trolley been working out for you?

So far i've not had to use it as only just started gigging on Sat night and load in was easy and level. At rehearsals i travel with drummer who has a large flightcase that we just stack gear on top but again studio is on the flat.

Fully booked from end this month thru to December so might get a chance for those gigs. 

I have used it in my garage tho and it works pretty good to move bags of sand around my garage during a tidy up LOL

Its quite sturdy and easy to unfold and refold. I still need to get some rubber mat to put on bottom metal parts as they will rub on bottom of my cabs if i dont and could damage the covering. (i'd actually forgot all about the mat.)

Dave

• Like 1