Why become a member? ×

Blue

Bluewine

Great vid and all the best for everything.  The saintly Mrs ead had gone through this a few years back (different version mind you) so keeping everything crossed for you bud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Meant to say @Bluewine, Having watched the NYE video, it's the same crew as Maple Road isn't it? Does this originals band run alongside Maple Road or is MR done?

Blue will elaborate further, I suspect, but I seem to remember previous posts in which he expounds the virtues of their formation with 'variable geometry'. Depending on the season, they are able to modify the formula, and so are not dependant on just summer festivals or smoky clubs. A good card to be able to play; more power to his elbow (and theirs...). B|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/04/2021 at 16:50, martthebass said:

Hope everything goes well Blue. I appreciate what you’re going through, half way through chemo myself but hoping to be fit for gigging come June. All the best buddy.

Your in my prayers. You'll get though it Mart. I hope they've caught everything early.

Daryl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/04/2021 at 17:04, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Meant to say @Bluewine, Having watched the NYE video, it's the same crew as Maple Road isn't it? Does this originals band run alongside Maple Road or is MR done?

Yes, the main feature is Jenny, those are her songs. By the way that's Jenny's husband playing guitar. He also does sound and lights . He edited the audio tracks from the video.

Maple Road is not done and has work this summer. However, it seems like it's easier to book the acoustic act. Same pay and easier set up and tear down.

Daryl

On 08/04/2021 at 18:37, Dad3353 said:

Blue will elaborate further, I suspect, but I seem to remember previous posts in which he expounds the virtues of their formation with 'variable geometry'. Depending on the season, they are able to modify the formula, and so are not dependant on just summer festivals or smoky clubs. A good card to be able to play; more power to his elbow (and theirs...). B|

You are correct. Here in the States you have to have more than one Pop Corn Stand to be competitive locally. I would imagine it's the same in the UK 🇬🇧

Daryl aka Blue

• Thanks 1

Great to hear from you again Daryl, we were worried when you didn't contribute to the Macca thread as mentioned previously! I always enjoy hearing your perspective as a working musician and also as a sincere lover of the music that made you become a musician.

All the best, look after yourself

Martin

• Like 1

Just now, The fasting showman said:

Great to hear from you again Daryl, we were worried when you didn't contribute to the Macca thread as mentioned previously! I always enjoy hearing your perspective as a working musician and also as a sincere lover of the music that made you become a musician.

All the best, look after yourself

Martin

Thanks Showman,

I hope to report good news by the end of the month 

Daryl aka Blue

• Like 1

On 08/04/2021 at 19:41, Bluewine said:

Thanks Hiram,

It's a colon issue and I'm going to win.

Daryl.

Hey Blue, I'm the same, never know if I should use the semi-colon, or the full colon 😉

Get well soon there's gigs to be done! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Just listened to your set. I would have thought it wasn’t my thing, but actually thought it was great. Fantastic batch of songs brilliantly played and sung. The sound was excellent too. 
Best wishes for the coming months.

5 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Just listened to your set. I would have thought it wasn’t my thing, but actually thought it was great. Fantastic batch of songs brilliantly played and sung. The sound was excellent too. 
Best wishes for the coming months.

Thanks Nail Soup,

Initially I wasn't a part of the acoustic division of Maple Road. I joined about a year ago. It's fun and less work than the full Maple Road band and it pays the same.

Blue

• Like 1