Why become a member? ×

EHX synth9

bassfan

6 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I’ve got an HXFX. If you find a useable patch let me know. 

Likewise! 

Off the original topic but I find a lot of the free to download patches really hit and miss. I found a site called Dr Tone and downloaded a handful but the best ones are really just starting points to adapt from and the others were rubbish. I've not got my head around paying for patches yet... 

5 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Likewise! 

Off the original topic but I find a lot of the free to download patches really hit and miss. I found a site called Dr Tone and downloaded a handful but the best ones are really just starting points to adapt from and the others were rubbish. I've not got my head around paying for patches yet... 

I’ve used his as well. But... a lot are geared for the stomp or the full helix as they have amps/cab sims. The one I found really nice was the sadowsky pre amp. 

I would suggest the C4 also There are hundreds of user made Patched you can listen to and load with the click of the mouse . It tracks great and sounds great as well. You can set 6 presets with no external control needed just push a button to get to the second 3 . And there are good Moog patches already on the Site . I had an SY-1 for a cup of coffee then moved it on because there were very few useable or repeatable sounds in there. Another good one is the EHX Bass Mono Synth. You can set 9 patches and it is easy to set up. Programming is just twisting knobs and pressing save. Much better than the Synth 9 or the SY-1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a Synth 9 and a B9.

The Synth 9 has a great Oberheim setting which can hold a note in the background whilst you chug a riff, like rock bands use synth players to fill out the sound.

I bought the B9 on impulse; when I plugged it in and started twiddling the knobs I found a Hammond setting and just started playing "Lazy".

These "9" synth pedals contained canned sounds for you to use; more like sampled sounds than a programmable synth.

Programmable synths are something else; I've just sold a MarkBass Super Synth (SS) and it was pretty good.

I've also got a Future Impact, which is much more comprehensive (but is large and also needs a separate MIDI switch pedal to control it). Both are programmable via a PC app.

So, the choice is canned sounds or roll your own.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 2