Why become a member? ×

uncoloured 10" speaker 200/300w

Jay Carter Music

7 hours ago, Jay Carter Music said:

I should be able to AB the BF 110 against the GR AT 110. Will let you know as soon as I get through the dreaded lead times! How long was after ordering for you? I'm 9 days in!

Bass Direct had the 210 in stock, the 112 was an order and took a few weeks.... can't remember exactly, we were in lockdown, so there was no rush😊

For double bass. Surprised nobody’s mentioned the EA Wizzy 110. For a ten inch there’s very few lighter cabs and it’s got some very useful mid range that can be eq’d back if necessary. I never liked the BF One 10 for DB as it was too dark for my Lifeline pickup. And I never got on with the small PJB cabs; not enough elasticity if you get my drift.      But the Wizzy which I’ve had for at least 15 years is a keeper.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bassace said:

For double bass. Surprised nobody’s mentioned the EA Wizzy 110. For a ten inch there’s very few lighter cabs and it’s got some very useful mid range that can be eq’d back if necessary. I never liked the BF One 10 for DB as it was too dark for my Lifeline pickup. And I never got on with the small PJB cabs; not enough elasticity if you get my drift.      But the Wizzy which I’ve had for at least 15 years is a keeper.

Thanks for that, I have heard about the wizzi 10 and 12 a few times just looked at the 10 online, 8kg with a tweeter is pretty impressive! Got a GR Bass AT 110 on order which is 3kg lighter and £50 cheaper but if that doesn't get me where I want to be I will definitely consider the wizzi!

• 1 month later...

I got my GR Bass AT110 and have been using it a lot. I have to say it is what I was looking for. It is unfair to compare it to a BF one10 without a tweeter but I did try them back to back. The GR was louder, much fuller and more balanced. If they were in a fist fight the BF would probably win for sturdiness I would guess but the GR seems sturdy enough and I'm trying not to slam it around! If you like a more modern transparent sound the GR AT110 runs rings around the competition that I have heard at that kinda weight class. I also have a super midget and for me its like an ultra light weight compact version of it. It can't compete with it in terms of performance but if you want to keep things easy to carry by foot then this a like the little brother that is showing some of his older brothers potential! In this instance I'm really not convinced the carbon fibre sounds worse than wood by the way, if anything I'd say its more open sounding! There is plenty of good bass equipment out there but I think GR Bass are massively underrated. Have tried a couple of the heads too and I'm completely sold on them. Not sure the GR bass 12" stuff would sound as good as the super midget but I'm happy to have the SM as a tank of a cab that will go on forever and sound great and have the AT110 to hop around on foot and still get it done when I want to shove something on my back and get going!

• Like 5