Why become a member? ×

NAD Small and very red and yellow

lownote

I like my Ashdown 300 MAG Evo2, but it's a tad bulky and a little heavy, and it OVERHANGS MY CABS (which is, like, unforgiveable).

I like my PJ cabs, but I can't really afford a PJ head even when they come on the market secondhand.

I like Markbass tonality, but I don't want to spend too much.

I need a small light head that does around 300 whats.

So I bought a MB Nano. 

Hopefully it will give me everything I need, even if it hasn't those two filters I can never remember the names for and is a rather fiery red and yellow with childish font.

Hopefully the New Amp will arrive Thursday, from Wales.  Look you. 

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 2

The MB Nano was a smart choice. Great bang for the buck. I have a similar configuration in my favorite small amp head, Gallien Krueger MB200. I've always felt the two were almost like cousins in the tone department. Anyway, the GK MB200 has the same tone knobs and with my active EQ on my Ibanez I'm totally satisfied with tone control. 

These tone controls look almost identical with my GK MB200. Except you have more power and the luxury of a gain and master control.

mb nano.PNG

Edited by alaskaleftybass
added information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alaskaleftybass said:

The MB Nano was a smart choice. Great bang for the buck. I have a similar configuration in my favorite small amp head, Gallien Krueger MB200. I've always felt the two were almost like cousins in the tone department. Anyway, the GK MB200 has the same tone knobs and with my active EQ on my Ibanez I'm totally satisfied with tone control. 

These tone controls look almost identical with my GK MB200. Except you have more power and the luxury of a gain and master control.

mb nano.PNG

I hadn't realised how much I relied on the filter controls.  So far I can't get the MB special tone I want from this little guy withe EQ alone.  If anyone has any thoughts on what EQ settings I need do tell. 

6 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

I hadn't realised how much I relied on the filter controls.  So far I can't get the MB special tone I want from this little guy withe EQ alone.  If anyone has any thoughts on what EQ settings I need do tell. 

How did you set the filters?  The VPF is basically a mid scoop with boosted bass and treble, whereas the VLE is a treble cut. 

8 hours ago, alaskaleftybass said:

mb nano.PNG

I'll just get my sunnies to look at that. 😎 OK even with sunglasses it looks like the cosmetic design department at MB is still run by visibly impaired people.

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

I'll just get my sunnies to look at that. 😎 OK even with sunglasses it looks like the cosmetic design department at MB is still run by visibly impaired people.

know what you mean but not quite.  In real life the red is more like a copper colour with a dash of red and yellow, or the red brass they make some saxes from.  In other words it looks fairly cool, especially as its so small. 

_72A2521.JPG

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 17:59, lownote12 said:

know what you mean but not quite.  In real life the red is more like a copper colour with a dash of red and yellow, or the red brass they make some saxes from.  In other words it looks fairly cool, especially as its so small. 

_72A2521.JPG

In that picture it looks much better akthough the font is still an issue.

52 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

In that picture it looks much better akthough the font is still an issue.

Akshirley, its not really.  Unless you look closely it's just a graphic, with meaning on looking closely only if you need it, and isn't distracting or annoying.  The main thing is I'm growing to like the little guy. I would like to have the short cut filters, but then I didn't worry about them too much when I had my Little Mark 2, and overall the sound works for me.  Albeit with severeal hours fiddling on both bass and amp EQ.  FTR, my preferred mix is on the head as you see it in pic, bass (Ibo SRF705) dialled back to bridge pup and piezo full only, tone middle on both or thereabouts. 

38 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Akshirley, its not really.  Unless you look closely it's just a graphic, with meaning on looking closely only if you need it, and isn't distracting or annoying.  The main thing is I'm growing to like the little guy. I would like to have the short cut filters, but then I didn't worry about them too much when I had my Little Mark 2, and overall the sound works for me.  Albeit with severeal hours fiddling on both bass and amp EQ.  FTR, my preferred mix is on the head as you see it in pic, bass (Ibo SRF705) dialled back to bridge pup and piezo full only, tone middle on both or thereabouts. 

Krist are you kriticising my typkos? Seriously if it suits you then that is all that matters. My opinion does not matter. Did I really write that?

23 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Krist are you kriticising my typkos? Seriously if it suits you then that is all that matters. My opinion does not matter. Did I really write that?

i hadn't even noticed your typo, I quite often spell 'actually' that way if I'm feeling whimsical. And of course your opinion matters.

Edited by lownote12