Why become a member? ×

Can someone please explain this?

mowf

Baffling. Never seen one of these before, not sure which is harder to understand - why someone made it, or how it's physically possible to play it.

Best explained perhaps by "just because you can, it doesn't mean you should".

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

That is bizarre. It’s Mary Spender and Rob Scallon, well known youtube musos in the video.

I think their version of the Beatles’ ‘Come Together’ using one of these is brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

Was this listed on the 1st of April per chance? I sincerely hope it was... 

That honestly hadn't occurred to me, but there's a load of listings on there by the same shop for slightly different variants of this and it seems a lot of trouble to go to. I think it's a real ad.

• Haha 1

I think there was an electric similar on ebay a while back being sold out of China. It would be a nice challenge for a luthier, "can you make this?" in a kind of Scrapheap challenge sort of way, but of absolutely zero use to man or beast. If you have time to flip the instrument over, you have time to pick up a dedicated single instrument, surely? 

In a weird way, I actually like it. Not sure what that says about me, but I'm open to seeing if its something you can just spin round in your lap at an acoustic gig and be playing guitar or bass. - I've played quite a lot of acoustic gigs where space was such a premium that we had nowhere to stand instruments when they weren't being actually played! 

The really odd thing is that this isn't a one off novelty item.

The company behind it makes a fairly extensive range of acoustic and electric double neck body shapes in various colours based on the same principle.

Which sort of suggests that there's some level of demand for these things.

Or the whole thing is some sort of ingenious loss making money laundering scheme.

Scroll down the home page for the full parade.

https://busuyiguitar.com/en/

Edited by Cato

Assuming a right handed player, then when using the bass, the onboard EQ will be facing the floor, unless the EQ is for guitar only.

Also, whichever way round you play it, a set of strings are going to be cheese grating your clothes....  or skin,  if you  play naked

• Haha 1

Picture the scene, you're playing The Chain at the start of your village's Formula 1 Appreciation Society weekly meeting and you get to the big breakdown. You're playing a regular acoustic, what happens next? 

Nothing, other than you bringing shame upon the entire village and the meeting starts on a massive downer. That's what.

With this, you flip it over and it's GO GO GO! Not all heroes wear capes.

• Haha 3

I think it's a 4-dimensional double-necked guitar. It just looks odd as we're looking at its 3-dimensional projection.

Which is quite funny until you realise that are factories in China engaged in higher-dimensional fabrication and then it's really fecking scary.

• Haha 1

An absolutely pointless instrument. 

If it were four sided however, with a mandolin and banjo in addition to the guitar and bass, and a bongo skin stretched over the bottom end... 

Well where do I sign up? 

• Like 1