Why become a member? ×

"Sadowsky" Metro Express Basses

Crawford13

So my review isn't due to print for a few weeks so a translated version will have to wait a while too, but I can say I liked it so much I'm going to order a four string version of the bass I have here. I already own an amazing five string Jazz (with my De Gier Bebop) so a fiver won't get used a lot here, but a four string version will definitely get a lot of hours. 

I took the fiver to a gig a few weeks ago and my face pretty much tells how that went...😁

222799982_10158557037908741_6142042112976452797_n.jpeg

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

So my review isn't due to print for a few weeks so a translated version will have to wait a while too, but I can say I liked it so much I'm going to order a four string version of the bass I have here. I already own an amazing five string Jazz (with my De Gier Bebop) so a fiver won't get used a lot here, but a four string version will definitely get a lot of hours. 

I took the fiver to a gig a few weeks ago and my face pretty much tells how that went...😁

Quality bass face.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 13:47, BassAgent said:

Really looking forward to reading the review.

How did you get on with the noisy pickups?

1 hour ago, E sharp said:

Yes that’ll stop the hum. But really should someone have to do this with a bass at this price point?

Not really, but my Fender JMJ Mustang has no shielding in the cavities either, something I must address. 

2 hours ago, E sharp said:

Yes that’ll stop the hum. But really should someone have to do this with a bass at this price point?

Of course it does. Especially since it has to be done as well on the basses I mentioned which are at 3 to 4x as much as this price point.

Single coils do hum. In any instrument. Musicman solves this by adding a dummy pickup in their HS models that does nothing but cancel out hum.

• Like 2

I really didn't hear any humming on the pickups. It might also be because I'm used to badly shielded Fender-ish basses (the JMJ is, as @ezbass mentioned, also poorly shielded and my two old Fenders are pretty hummy as well) so I have a finger connected to the strings at all times, or the volume turned all the way down. Neither me or the sound guy noticed any humming. Even when we played One Of Us (ABBA song, bridge pickup only) there were no issues.

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

I really didn't hear any humming on the pickups. It might also be because I'm used to badly shielded Fender-ish basses (the JMJ is, as @ezbass mentioned, also poorly shielded and my two old Fenders are pretty hummy as well) so I have a finger connected to the strings at all times, or the volume turned all the way down. Neither me or the sound guy noticed any humming. Even when we played One Of Us (ABBA song, bridge pickup only) there were no issues.

Thanks. That’s very encouraging.
I have a USA standard Jazz and have rarely noticed a hum with it,except occasionally under some rehearsal studio lighting with my usual 80%/100% neck bridge split.

1 hour ago, BassAgent said:

Forgot to say that’s a great bass part! Rutger Gunnarsson? Top bassman 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

...but these pups aren't single coils are they?  Afaik they are split humbuckers as per the Dimarzio pups on which they are based.  

Listed as single coils on thomann- easy way to make them cheaper to make.

to be fair the Japanese Metro you traded to me has the single coils too (nordstrand made)