Why become a member? ×

Be a bassist. . . . . !

chris_b

23 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I think Chris has hit it on the nail there. Having played bass, guitar, and done lead vocals in bands all whilst in the same clothes and body, the amount of attention I received from the ladyfolk whilst doing guitar and lead vocals for a short time far outweighs that of when I’ve played bass. Must admit I never got any attention from cats though.....

Same. I was the bassist and the lead singer and I got more female attention when we played than I bargained for. Sometimes it was a pain in the bottom.Its hard to break to some people that they might be swimming in a different pool to you without sounding like a twatt.

• Haha 4

Conveniently, I like both basses and cats. On reflection, becoming a bass player didn't actually make me any less staggeringly sexually unattractive than I already was - which, on further reflection, was hugely unsurprising.

I did dabble with the idea of becoming a drummer, though:

learnthedrums.jpg.8dba4e6784d74b5b785f9be95784e0a4.jpg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Conveniently, I like both basses and cats. On reflection, becoming a bass player didn't actually make me any less staggeringly sexually unattractive than I already was - which, on further reflection, was hugely unsurprising.

I did dabble with the idea of becoming a drummer, though:

learnthedrums.jpg.8dba4e6784d74b5b785f9be95784e0a4.jpg

I think that's where you've let yourself down. Dabbling can seriously affect your health and attractiveness to the opposite sex.

Stop dabbling with drums and you should see you attractiveness improve even with age its a step up from being a drummer 😂

Dave

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I think that's where you've let yourself down. Dabbling can seriously affect your health and attractiveness to the opposite sex.

Stop dabbling with drums and you should see you attractiveness improve even with age its a step up from being a drummer 😂

Dave

Happily no room for drum-dabbling any more, but now I'm unable to rein in my guitar-dabbling, keyboard-dabbling & recording-dabbling. I think I have to accept I'm just an irredeemable, inveterate dabbler.

There's no hope for me, is there?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Happily no room for drum-dabbling any more, but now I'm unable to rein in my guitar-dabbling, keyboard-dabbling & recording-dabbling. I think I have to accept I'm just an irredeemable, inveterate dabbler.

There's no hope for me, is there?

Sadly NO. You shall forever be known as Bassasin the Dabbler. It shall live with you all your days and haunt you in the life after bass, if in fact such a place can exist in this world or any other.

You have my sympathy 

Dave