Why become a member? ×

Warwick OFC Basses

Grangur

I just did a quick search of the "for sale" threads and from the contexts I saw it looks like it could mean "of course". Is that a possibility?

Had I not searched, I would have suggested "original flight case". Where it crops up in "for sale" posts, however, that would not make sense.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Oil Finish Colour - would be my best guess.  

This would be in the place of the natural coloured oil finish or solid paint colour.

Yes. By the looks of it, "OFC" (upper case) is oil finish colour in Warwick posts, and "ofc" (lower case) is "of course" used in all manner of posts.

I still prefer words, but YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Funny thing though: Warwick barely do oil finishes anymore. Most of their satin finishes are now a thin polyurethane lacquer finish, including their necks (!). So "OFC" doesn't really cut it on the recent models if it does indeed mean "Oil Finish Colour".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Funny thing though: Warwick barely do oil finishes anymore. Most of their satin finishes are now a thin polyurethane lacquer finish, including their necks (!). So "OFC" doesn't really cut it on the recent models if it does indeed mean "Oil Finish Colour".

Agreed. Their Blue oil finish isn't oil at all its a spirit stain and a lacquer.

I hate acronyms too. They are hardly an aide-memoir either. If you can remember the letters you can't recall what they hell they stand for.