Why become a member? ×

Any recommendations on lightweight cabs?

Bassmurf

You may want to expand on what the use is for, power handling, amp to be used with, cone size, coloured or uncoloured etc.

It will help narrow down - but essentially will list their preference which may or may not be aligned to yours!

Edited by Cuzzie

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

You may want to expand on what the use is for, power handling, amp to be used with, cone size, coloured or uncoloured etc.

It will help narrow down - but essentially will list their preference which may or may not be aligned to yours!

Oops sorry yes, to be used with a  Zoom B3N & TC BQ500 - ideally 2 cabs - 2of 2x10 or mix of one of those with a 1x15 maybe?

Edited by Bassmurf

1 minute ago, Bassmurf said:

Oops sorry yes, to be used with a  Zoom B3N & TC BQ500 - ideally 2 cabs - 2of 2x10 or mix of one of those with a 1x15 maybe?

Aside from the stuff mentioned up top Form Factor audio do a good range in about that ball park and config

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bassmurf said:

Had heard of Barefaced but not GR!

GR Aerotech cabs are new kids on the block. They've taken the power / weight ratio for cabs to another level using carbon fibre & other wood substitute materials. 

Be useful to get a steer on what budget you have in mind - neither BF or GR are budget ranges. 

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

GR Aerotech cabs are new kids on the block. They've taken the power / weight ratio for cabs to another level using carbon fibre & other wood substitute materials. 

Be useful to get a steer on what budget you have in mind - neither BF or GR are budget ranges. 

Hi Al, looking to spend ideally for two cabs no more than £500\600!

4 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Ashdown RM cabs are decent sounding, light, and not too expensive. Their ABM NEO range a bit more expensive and possibly slightly heavier (think about 17kg for the 210).

2 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Strongly recommend the Ashdown ABM210H- PN Neo cabs 

Sound really good and sensible price 

Never really considered Ashdown (used to have a MAG combo back in the day so that could be why) but will have a look at both ranges

1 minute ago, Bassmurf said:

Hi Al, looking to spend ideally for two cabs no more than £500\600!

That's a useful steer. A quality 1x12 could potentially get you there for most band needs without a second cab. I personally like to have 300W+ on tap from my rig to give me enough headroom. 

You'll pick up a used Barefaced Super Compact within your budget and it's exceptionally portable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/04/2021 at 11:53, Bassmurf said:

Morning!

I’m currently on the lookout for some lightweight bass cabs - by lightweight I mean no more than 15kg!

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations/suggestions?

cheers

Dan

If you are OK with DIY. how about one of @stevie 's cabs. The BC112 MK3 is 15KG or the new 10" Lockdown Cab will be just over 10Kg.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...