Why become a member? ×

Price drop - 1996/1997 USA Fender Jazz Deluxe £995
£1050
Dumfries

misterhank

From the serial number (N6105006) this Bass was made in the Fender Corona factory in the USA in late 1996/early 1997. It has active tone controls and can deliver everything from a P bass thump to a Jazz Bass punch-in-the-throat growl.
Really slim fast neck which plays like butter.
It comes with the original Fender fitted case and some of the original case candy (including the Fender truss rod adjuster)
Strap in the photo isn’t included.
It’s been gigged over the years and has a couple of minor dinks which you’d expect from a much loved bass of this vintage. Nothing major and certainly nothing which detracts from its beauty or its playability.
I wouldn’t be in any rush to sell this but I have my eye on something else.
Bass is situated in Dumfries and you’d be welcome to come try it out.
I'll listen to offers close to the asking price  and, if that price is met, I'll cover the cost of insured courier shipping to mainland UK

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

download (6).png

download (7).png

download.png

Edited by misterhank

This is a Suhr era Fender. All Fender deluxe jazz basses from 1995 to 1999 had the single poll piece Suhr pickups and the John Suhr preamp.. So this looks like a legit Fender Deluxe/Suhr Fender. These are very sought after Fender Jazzes with the John Suhr combo. The 5 string version can be heard on this with Sharray Reed. 

Just thought I would mention.  

Edited by bubinga5

8 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

This is a Suhr era Fender. All Fender deluxe jazz basses from 1995 to 1999 had the single poll piece Suhr pickups and the John Suhr preamp.. So this looks like a legit Fender Deluxe/Suhr Fender. These are very sought after Fender Jazzes with the John Suhr combo. The 5 string version can be heard on this.  Sharray used a Suhr era V jazz bass on this. 

Just thought I would mention.  

Thanks for the info  mate 🤗

• Like 1

Yeah it looks the same as when I had it from new, same pups which are indeed Suhr - magical things. The original pre crapped out within a year of me buying it but it was replaced by Jon Haire (local guitar luthier wizard) with the same pre. Years and years ago mind!

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1