Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ5 with East pre SOLD
£975
Woking

lowregisterhead

NOW SOLD

Right then. I said to myself a long time ago that I would never do this, but I need to have a clear out...

Up for sale is my 2007 Lakland DJ5 with a bound maple board with white pearloid block markers, in a very subtle black sparkle finish, and a matching headstock. Over the years I've upgraded the pickups to Delanos, and fitted a John East DJ Retro preamp with a separate battery box. The original pickups (Hansons, not Aeros) ended up in a project bass I sold several years ago, but the original plate with the passive pots is included in the sale, along with a second scratchplate in white. It has the standard Lakland specs: 35" scale, 45mm at the nut, 74mm at the 12th fret, 19mm spacing at the bridge, with bridge and thru-body stringing.

This is one of the earlier Korean made Skylines, and as such is a little heavier than some at 4.5kg, but it really sings, and has a great openness and clarity of tone, and no dead spots, which is the main reason I've kept it all these years, as well as the legendary Lakland B string. It has a few scratches, a few very minor dings, and a little fretwear, as shown in the pics. Anyone who knows about Lakands will be aware that the Skyline range can be a little variable, but this is an exceptional example. It comes complete with a Levy's Lakland-branded gigbag.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic