Why become a member? ×

GSP 'Stingray 5' Custom SOLD
£795
Woking

lowregisterhead

For sale is a really beautifully built custom 5-string in the style of a Musicman Stingray 5, by UK guitar maker Graham Pollard. Going by the date on the back of the headstock, it was made in 2002. It's a beautifully made bass, but having bought a couple of other new basses recently I need to reduce the numbers a bit, so I’ve decided to move it on.

It’s in excellent condition for its age, and seems to have had very little use over the years. There's no discernible fret wear, only a few tiny marks on the body that are pretty impossible to photograph, and a couple of small chips in the lacquer on the lower edge of the back of the neck, shown in the photos below. The neck has a very slim profile, with a beautiful birdseye maple fingerboard. It's 35” scale, 50mm wide at the nut and 74mm at the 22nd fret, with 18mm string spacing at the bridge, adjustable with the Schaller roller saddles. It’s fitted with a Seymour Duncan BassLines pickup, and their STC-3M4 3-band EQ with a 3-position single/series/parallel switch. When the volume pot is pulled up, it switches in a 'slap contour' setting, with boosted lows and slightly scooped mids. The original Schaller tuners made the neck dive a little, so I fitted a set of Hipshot Ultralites which solved the problem. It now weighs in at a very svelte 3.8kg. The original tuners are included in the sale.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...