Why become a member? ×

Posts Disappearing from Activity

adamg67

Question

I've had this a few times, and have a current example so thought it might be worth posting here.

Posts sometimes disappear from my "Content I started" list, which is confusing as once I've started a topic, I would have said I'd always started it. At the moment I have two things for sale in Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447556-nordstrand-np5-split-coil-p-pickup-5-string-standard-spacing-price-drop-£80/?tab=comments#comment-4414538

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447594-delano-split-coil-p-quad-coil-humbucker-pair/?tab=comments#comment-4415267

But only the second one appears in "Content I Started" (Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser). No filters, newest first, the two topics were started about the same time. I dont start that many topics so it's not like there are pages and pages to look through, it should be on the first page easily. I did edit the one that's missing for a price drop. Both were appearing a week or so ago (probably before the edit on the missing one).

As I say, I've noticed this several times before, I use that feature to find things and bump them when I've got stuff for sale.

8 answers to this question

7 hours ago, adamg67 said:

I've had this a few times, and have a current example so thought it might be worth posting here.

Posts sometimes disappear from my "Content I started" list, which is confusing as once I've started a topic, I would have said I'd always started it. At the moment I have two things for sale in Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447556-nordstrand-np5-split-coil-p-pickup-5-string-standard-spacing-price-drop-£80/?tab=comments#comment-4414538

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447594-delano-split-coil-p-quad-coil-humbucker-pair/?tab=comments#comment-4415267

But only the second one appears in "Content I Started" (Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser). No filters, newest first, the two topics were started about the same time. I dont start that many topics so it's not like there are pages and pages to look through, it should be on the first page easily. I did edit the one that's missing for a price drop. Both were appearing a week or so ago (probably before the edit on the missing one).

As I say, I've noticed this several times before, I use that feature to find things and bump them when I've got stuff for sale.

I just checked your 'topics started' and they are both there. Leads me to believe the issue is at your end.

3 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I just checked your 'topics started' and they are both there. Leads me to believe the issue is at your end.

Not sure how that could be? The problem might only happen when logged in as me, but as a software dev with 20+ years experience on web tech I can't imagine how anything between the BC servers and my eyes would remove one post out of a complete page?

4 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Not sure how that could be? The problem might only happen when logged in as me, but as a software dev with 20+ years experience on web tech I can't imagine how anything between the BC servers and my eyes would remove one post out of a complete page?

Well, it appears as though the two topics you've mentioned are there for @ped and I, but not visible to you, so logically....

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 19.53.24.png

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

You're not looking at the page I'm talking about, like I said in the OP It's under "My Activity Streams" / "Content I Posted". Sorted newest first, also as said in my OP.

See below. No "Nordstrand NP5... " post in sight:

249645742_Screenshot2021-04-02195603.thumb.jpg.49edcf37e3ef7ac09d0e5e0e7ab9132d.jpg

972910336_Screenshot2021-04-02195652.thumb.jpg.bab718f5cc1b0e18b1cdfbbdf16b4e2e.jpg

945460703_Screenshot2021-04-02195715.thumb.jpg.eeec5ff554cdee632c54fd30c48e7830.jpg