Why become a member? ×

Mr Brightside - The hit that just won't die

Nail Soup

I like Mr Brightside.  Its a good bassline - although not very challenging, and punters love it when you play it.  It's also a tricky song to play for the lead guitarist and its always worth watching them struggle with the chord changes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm well into my sixties, and Mr Brightside is................. a beautifully crafted piece of pop rock dealing with one of the oldest of love emotions, jealousy.

I think some of the complainers on here may be suffering a bit from jealousy themselves, and secretly wishing they'd written it themselves.

And  if I'd written it, I'd certainly be very proud to tell everyone  🙂

• Like 8

I burned the Royal Albert Hall Killers gig to DVD (broadcast on TV a few years ago) - it was a corker. The song works for me. A friend loaned me (gave to me I think!) the latest CD Imploding the Mirage and I agree with him - it's dire - lots of familiar elements but it just doesn't get off the ground for me. I did read that the guitarist Dave Keuning didn't want to spend all his life on tour and wanted more family time - all credit to him imho for that - I think he is still involved with the band but there seems to be a lot more keyboards and electronics and a distinct lack of guitar riffs. Still - they are still one of the most popular live acts around. 

31 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

So that’s 3 of us so far , if anyone else wants to join us please send 1 months rent to reggaebass caves. Com 😁

... incorporated. The finest caves available anywhere...**

** where did I get that one from, eh ? Hmm? Very bass driven track... answers on a postcard please