Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MIK Columbus Series 3 PJ Bass - Metallic Grey - D’Addario - £85
£85

hooky_lowdown

1988 MIK Columbus Series 3 PJ bass in metallic gun-metal grey, serial number 880134. I believe these were made in the famous Samick factory in the late 80s and early 90s. Very well made. Has a straight dark/rich rosewood fingerboard (been lemon oiled) and satin amber flamed maple neck. Truss rod fully working, minimal fretwear. Very lightweight at 7.1lbs, 40mm nut.

Had some upgrades: Ibanez machine heads and bridge, Entwistle JBXN (neodymium) jazz pickup. The bass has volume and tone for each pickup and 3-way switch. The original pickups were weak and frankly pretty rubbish, so I was in the process of upgrading them to Entwistle neodymium’s, however I haven’t got round to getting the Entwistle P neodymium, just too busy, as a result both pickups are NOT connected, so not currently working, however you just need to solder the pickups to the 3-way switch and it’ll be a lightweight monster! The cavity for the electrics is huge, and could easily accommodate Active electrics and battery if desired, though it’s currently all passive.

In overall very good condition for it’s age, has some sticker marks by previous owner. D’Addario strings.

£85 (sale only, no trades), plus postage.

Edited by hooky_lowdown
Sold
  • Like 3