Why become a member? ×

Bands with an Alter-Ego band.

Nail Soup

Listening to 6music on catch-up tonight and they played a session by band called Monotony. They are actually another band (Sauna Youth) who just swapped instruments and formed the alter-ego band.  They record and gig in both incarnations.

Any favourite examples where a band formed an alter-ego band?

Green Day / The Network

Reuben sometimes played ‘secret’ shows as Los Skeletos but it was usually them playing new Reuben songs so I don’t know if it counts.

The Alarm once released a single under the name The Poppy Fields, and had a young band playing the song in the video, to prove a point to the music industry.

• Like 1

OK so he's not a band but Garth Brooks went under the pseudonym Chris Gaines to make a rock album so as not to alienate his country fans. Ha, it was considered relatively unsuccessful as it only went 2 x platinum in the US rather than the normal 8+ x platinum his country albums normally sell at.!

Edited by Barking Spiders

Neurosis and Tribes of Neurot

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Anyone remember the band Gaye Bikers on Acid? They had an amusingly named alter-ego , and sometimes (If I remember correctly) used to support themselves................

Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeds

I saw LDOM supporting GBOA. Fantastic!

• Like 1