Why become a member? ×

What's your favourite hardware colour?

What's your favourite colour for the hardware on a bass?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite colour for the hardware on a bass?

• Chrome
    • Nickel
    • Black
    • Gold
    • Don't have any preference
    • Rust!
    • That strange satin hardware Ibanez used to use
    • Cosmo black

3 hours ago, adamg67 said:

I've got two Ibanezes with a darker colour chrome hardware which I like, not sure what Ibanez call that...

Cosmo Black... I likes it

(not the light brushed satin that looks like ikea door knobs...)

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rich said:

Gold hardware looks absolutely belting on the right colour instrument. Exhibit A:image.thumb.png.24b3d147e0cfd664994fe80c66e7b763.png

That of course is actual GOLD not mere paint or laquer. And an expensive optional extra.  But hugely better though it is than the scuffed goldish lacquer on my Warwick.... It's still, imho, rather naff, like gold taps in dubai hotel bathroom.

I was in electric wood's workshop last year and they had a whole tray of gold plated pole pieces just back from the plating people.  Gold all the way down, not just the visible tips.  Silly.

12 hours ago, NickA said:

That of course is actual GOLD not mere paint or laquer. And an expensive optional extra.  But hugely better though it is than the scuffed goldish lacquer on my Warwick.... It's still, imho, rather naff, like gold taps in dubai hotel bathroom.

I was in electric wood's workshop last year and they had a whole tray of gold plated pole pieces just back from the plating people.  Gold all the way down, not just the visible tips.  Silly.

In that particular case it would be more time consuming to just plate the ends 

13 hours ago, NickA said:

For the amount that they cost, I'd want SOLID GOLD polepieces... except that probably wouldn't work. 

• Haha 1