Why become a member? ×

SOLD please remove. Hofner HCT Violin bass + case
£420
CARDIFF

Marc S

I took this in trade quite some time back, and have only ever taken it to gigs as a backup, or used it for "noodling" on the sofa at home - so it has hardly left the case.
Don't confuse this bass with the cheaper Ignition series. The HCT series are top quality built (made outside of Germany, but with same tooling + materials as in the German factory).

This one looks near mint condition - so save yourself a fair few quid on the price of a new one. Set up very nicely, it plays really well, and sounds awesome. It is a really resonant bass, and sounds thunderous. Comes with a hard case, and that's in great nick too. Can't see any fret wear at all. EDIT: From memory, I think I weighed this at just over 3kg - I can check if you're interested.
As a bonus, I'll throw in a set of brand new Hofner strings... which I never got around to fitting.

No trades please - I'm thinning the herd (unless you have a Wingbass, or Fingy bass or similar) (5 string pref.)
I'd prefer collection or meet-up, as soon as we're allowed (I'm not allowed to leave Wales atm). I've got a great battery powered amp, for if & when we're allowed to travel further. Of course, if you're based in Wales, we're OK to meet anyway :)
I may consider posting, if the buyer arranges their own courier.

IMG_20210215_165629103.jpg

IMG_20210215_165602393.jpg

IMG_20210215_165726988.jpg

IMG_20210215_165743539.jpg

IMG_20210215_165710016.jpg

IMG_20210215_165527282.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

These are great instruments. I've had mine a couple of years now and wouldn't part with it. 

I have Labella BB2 flats on and a good setup is essential. 

Once you get used to the quirky controls they can deliver a variety of tones, quite a clear hi-fi-ish sound. 

SS and mine weighs 6.5 lbs so easy on the shoulder.

That case looks nice. 

If you fancy trying a Hofner this looks a good buy and I don't think you would suffer any depreciation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic