Why become a member? ×

**Sold** Shuker 5 String Jazz Bass - Quilted Maple Top
£1650
Leeds

Pete1967

After much soul searching I've decided to sell my Shuker 5 string Jazz. Made for me by Jon in late 2012 and delivered in early 2013. I just have to be realistic about the number of basses I can keep and since arthritis in my left hand is limiting my playing significantly now I just don't need them all (bit of a bummer at 53!). I have three of Jon's basses including a S2 of a very similar spec that was the first that Jon built for me and I just can't let that one go, so this one it is. It's a real wrench to get it go, but it is what it is. I'd always wanted a Sadowsky but after discovering Jon I realised that I was never going to buy anything else, so I asked him to build me something that would kill an NYC and boy did he deliver that. This thing has massive tone and is incredibly versatile. It'll do a passable P and go all the way to Mark King at his most fragile, with great vintage jazz tones in between, but it really excels at modern Jazz tones - that's what it was designed for of course. It's utterly silent and is a fantastic studio instrument.

The neck is incredibly stable - the last time it was out of the case was in 2019, and when I fished it out to take the photos it was still dead in tune. Balance is perfect with zero neck dive thanks the the super light tuners. Weight is 9lb. 

Condition is exceptional - never gigged, just used for some recording at home. There are some extremely light swirls in the finish on the top but it's only visible in reflected light (with glasses on!) - they would buff out completely. Next to no wear on the frets. It was serviced by Jon in 2019 and will be fully checked before leaving me.    

Specs are:

• 34" Scale 24 fret
  • Swamp Ash body with quilted maple curve top and black pinstripe veneer under
  • Gloss Cherry burst finish with matching headstock
  • 5 piece laminated maple/flame maple neck with carbon graphite reinforcement (not sure on the neck depth but will get the verniers out and update the ad - it's around 21mm though I think)
  • Dual action truss rod
  • High nickel content frets
  • Stunning birdseye maple fretboard with Abalone dot markers
  • Phenolic nut
  • Schaller BM light tuners
  • Schaller 2000 bridge - currently set at 18mm centres but is adjustable wider and narrower
  • DiMarzio UltraJazz pickups
  • Jon's own three band preamp with sweepable mid frequency. Vol and Blend.
  • Sadowsky knobs
  • Weight: 9lb according to my luggage scales
  • Shuker branded Hiscox liteflite included - as new

Something of this spec from Jon now would be way north of two grand and heading towards three, so this is a bargain for a virtually as new instrument - I'll listen to sensible offers of course, but I'm not minded to shift much on price.

UK delivery by fully insured courier is included, or Covid safe pickup from north Leeds or meet up within sensible distance.

Any questions please ask!

Sob....

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg