Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.
£1200
Bridgwater, Somerset.

Josh

Hey guys,

Here we have my trusty Spector Euro LX 5 that I’ve had for about 3 years now, it’s been my go to bass throughout and I’m only listing this as there’s a chance to get another bass I’ve been wanting for a long time, so this will only be available until it’s either sold or the bass I’m interested in has sold.

The bass is around 16 years old now. It originally had the Tonepump preamp, but due to the lack of a trim pot, I had it changed out for a much more flexible EMG BQC system. So, instead of the standard Vol/Vol/Bass/Treble layout, it’s now Vol/Blend/Bass/Mids/Mid Frequency/Treble, as well as internal dip switches for the treble response frequency. I also had a battery box installed to accommodate the new preamp and for ease of changing the battery. All of the work and full set up was carried out by Mark at Wilts Guitar Repairs.

Due to its age, it has got some signs of wear and some dings and scratches to the body, hopefully these are evident enough in the photos, but I can always provide some more if required. The brass hardware has dulled a little bit with time as well, but it all still works perfectly fine.

As I said above, this is only available temporarily and will remove if I’m unable to sell it in time. I am open to trade offers, but only for either a Warwick Streamer 5 string or Thumb 5 string, or a more recent Spector Euro 5. I have a Ibanez SR600 and Squier Classic Vibe Jazz I could add to sweeten the deal.

I currently have no means of posting it, but am happy to deliver within a certain radius of Bridgwater, Somerset.

Here’s a few of clips it in action:

Any other questions please just ask👍🏻

Thanks,

Josh.

IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5121.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

Edited by Josh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, johnebassman said:

Hey Josh, I’m interested but due to neck and shoulder problems I need something not too heavy, and with minimal neck dive. How much does it weigh, and what’s the balance like especially seated. Cheers, John

Hey John, 

I’ll weigh the bass later on today and get back to you with the actual weight. Due to its maple/alder/walnut construction, it does have a bit of weight behind it, which is part of its tone, but I’ve had previous Warwick and Lakland basses which have been much heavier. A good solid comfort strap lessens any weight issues. 

As for the balance though, it is possibly one of the most balanced and comfortable basses I’ve had and sits perfectly both sat down and stood up. There are absolutely no neck dive issues at all, unlike the ReBop models due to the very light bodies they have. 

• MB1 locked this topic