Why become a member? ×

Another Squier with a Fender decal

ash

What’s even worse is that the guy sells guitars and gear. It got I check his previous listings he obviously knows what he’s doing, so this is a blatant attempt to defraud which is such a shame. Why bother disappointing someone for a few hundred quid...?

A sneaky attempt at a get-out:

IT SAYS FINDER TELECASTER

and

THE PICKUP IN BIG IT SAYS FINDER

...so he's not actually saying it's a Fender.

(except the title does say it and the pictures form part of the description.)

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

What’s even worse is that the guy sells guitars and gear. It got I check his previous listings he obviously knows what he’s doing, so this is a blatant attempt to defraud which is such a shame. Why bother disappointing someone for a few hundred quid...?

And also I politely pointed out to him that it’s a later Squier. As yet he’s not sent an answer. I think trading off a bereavement is particularly loathsome. 

Some of these sales of fakes are plain silly and sometimes genuinely misplaced faith... this is neither.  The bloke has sold/is selling music gear and has had messages to point out it is not a Fender.  However his description and caveats re. 'I know nothing' (done in best Fawlty Towers voice), show he is deliberately misleading; Finder / Fender?  To add insult, using a bereavement just feels low!  :(   

I told him it was a squier, and did not look like an instrument that is minimum  40years old (discontinued in 1979) - it is anyway the wrong sunburst. He said “he didn’t know” and “would let buyers make up their own minds”

49 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

That is ridiculous!  The seller has played the buyer like a fish, just hope the buyer gets wise and demands a refund through paypal.  

Yes that is misrepresenting goods - guilty your honour. Hope they get their money back. The clever ploy of blurry photos and ‘ignorance’. 

3 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Surely this isn't a BCer?  

Not what I meant, my error.  Sorry. 

Is it legit, on BC, to name the ebay seller whose behaviour appears to be suspect?

Because we (the BC membership) could do with an easily-checked list, IMO.

Edited by alyctes
clarity