Why become a member? ×

5 String Jazz Sold/Unavailable.
£1900
Denmark

Thomas P

Very nice modern 5 string Jazz Bass in nearly mint condition. As good as they get from the likes of Sadowsky, Lull, Alleva Coppolo etc.

2011 US built, Ash body with maple neck and birdeye maple fretboard with pearl block inlays

34", 19mm string spacing, 3.9 kg, PU's in 70'ties position
Seymour Duncan PU's and 18V 3 band pre-amp with pull at volume for slap sound, which can be pre-adjusted by two small pots in the control cavity.

Condition is extremly clean with literally no marks to body or neck, as well as fretboard and frets in excellent condition. Extremely low action is possible.

You can really dial in the distinguish Paul Turner sound he has in the live performances with Jamiroquai since he started playing Stenback basses. This one does the same,
cost 1/3 and not with a 4 year waiting list. Bass will come in a brand new Gator case strung with a fresh set of Dunlop Super Bright.

Only selling to fund a very expensive instrument, hence trade is not of interest unless it's a 5 string Alembic Mark King (plus money) or a 5 string Warrior Dran Michael
Asking for a resonable 2200 € plus shipping. 

Regards
Thomas
[email protected]
+45 61209520 Whats App.

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_20200922_154140.jpg

Edited by gary mac
spelling
  • Like 12

I've had the 4-string version of this, same woods, same look (in black), same Seymour Duncan 70s vintage pickups, same Mike Pope preamp, and I can vouch for every word, probably the only bass I've ever regretted selling. GLWTS

• Thanks 1

I own a Fclef Custom and can only speak highly of it. Although if you compare them with Alleva Coppolo there is disagreement they are far above. Precious Fclef that is sure to make its new owner happy. Luck
  • Confused 1

Thanks guys. Yes, sure is a very nice bass, and only up for sale as I try to keep my invested budget into basses under control. One in, one out, as having multiple instruments wont make me a better player.

• Like 1

Hi. String spacing IS adjustable given it`s an ABM bridge, and B string is all you can ask for. Funny you mention it, but it was actually one of the first things I noticed when I got it. Absolutely as coherent as on any of the 35” scale basses I`ve had in the past.

Hi Thomas,

Interesting bass. Is that definitely a Pope Preamp? And what's the body size like? I get on with larger bodies particularly with 19mm 5 strings, it's hard to tell, would you say it's standard J size, or slightly undersized like a sadowsky (Non UV) etc? I see you don't want to trade, I'd have to move on one of my basses for this but I'm curious to know more and looking for a 5 string that feels like home to me.

Also, do you know fingerboard radius and nut width?

Thanks, 

Jo

Edited by fingerz

HI

No it's not a Pope pre-amp, it's a Seymour Duncan as I wrote in the add.
https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/active-bass-preamp-3-band-for-passive

But that shouldn't set us apart, as I can remove it, and install a Pope if you want, and you can cover the diff. in price.
alternatively, I can remove it, wire the bass as passive with volume/volume/tone, alternatively Volume/tone plus a 4 way switch (Neck PU/Parallel/Bridge PU/Series.
I've had that on Jazz basses before which to me makes them extremely universal, as you have 4 basic sounds to tweak. It can even be added together with a pre-amp.

Size, don't have any standard jazz to compare with, but I'd say it's sligthly smaller just by looking at it.

Fretboard radius, just checked with the radius gauges I use for setting up instruments, and it's somewhere around 16".

Do I actually need to sell this bass to buy a new? No, I'm 54, worked my a.. off for way too many years, even been away from home/wife/kids for too long it's a gift they are still around.
I'm just humble to the fact, that I don't play professional, I like trying various instruments, and as written above, practice makes you a good player, not 10 high-end basses lined up just to show off :0)

Above with the best intentions!

Thomas

D5E1AD97-571D-4A20-B6AC-63591CBE566A.jpeg

On 27/03/2021 at 12:07, Thomas P said:

HI

No it's not a Pope pre-amp, it's a Seymour Duncan as I wrote in the add.
https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/active-bass-preamp-3-band-for-passive

But that shouldn't set us apart, as I can remove it, and install a Pope if you want, and you can cover the diff. in price.
alternatively, I can remove it, wire the bass as passive with volume/volume/tone, alternatively Volume/tone plus a 4 way switch (Neck PU/Parallel/Bridge PU/Series.
I've had that on Jazz basses before which to me makes them extremely universal, as you have 4 basic sounds to tweak. It can even be added together with a pre-amp.

Size, don't have any standard jazz to compare with, but I'd say it's sligthly smaller just by looking at it.

Fretboard radius, just checked with the radius gauges I use for setting up instruments, and it's somewhere around 16".

Do I actually need to sell this bass to buy a new? No, I'm 54, worked my a.. off for way too many years, even been away from home/wife/kids for too long it's a gift they are still around.
I'm just humble to the fact, that I don't play professional, I like trying various instruments, and as written above, practice makes you a good player, not 10 high-end basses lined up just to show off :0)

Above with the best intentions!

Thomas

D5E1AD97-571D-4A20-B6AC-63591CBE566A.jpeg

Thanks for the info and really kind offer to taylor the preamp. Sorry for the confusion - I think it was a later comment about the Pope preamp that threw me off. I'm sure it sounds amazing as it is! I'm looking for a more curved fingerboard radius so although I'm really grateful for your time and detailed info, it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Amazing bass best of luck with the sale, can't imagine it will hang around very long. Thanks again, Jo

Hi Jo. No problem at all. And yes, there seem's to have been a number of these basses being equipped with Pope pre-amps in the past. 
And yes, there's been quite some interest, so let's see who becomes a happy new owner :0)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fingerz said:

Thanks for the info and really kind offer to taylor the preamp. Sorry for the confusion - I think it was a later comment about the Pope preamp that threw me off. I'm sure it sounds amazing as it is! I'm looking for a more curved fingerboard radius so although I'm really grateful for your time and detailed info, it's not quite what I'm looking for

Sorry, it was me mentioning the Pope preamp. My 4 had a Pope 2-band plus tone control, I should have noticed Thomas mentioned a 3-band. Regarding the body, mine was definitely a full-size, not a Sadowsky-style reduced one, so I think the 5er even more so. And the fingerboard curvature is definitely flatter than a traditional Fender on this '70s-style model.

Having said that, I believe it's really up there with the very best around, ridiculously low action achievable if needed. GLWTS

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • gary mac changed the title to 5 String Jazz Sold/Unavailable.
  • gary mac locked this topic