Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Maruszczyk Jake 5 custom black/maple - sensible offer?
£1200
Southeast Essex

Paul S

I had this stunning bass made 3 years ago specifically for the Bon Jovi tribute band.  At the time I was unable to find a lightweight 5 string Precision bass so decided to go for it.  I decided to step down from the band recently and, in all honesty, find I have no use for this beauty so rather than it just sitting there in the case I have decided to move it on.  A bit of a wrench as I have never had a bass made to my spec before and am unlikely to do it again.  

A classically elegant and beautiful bass.     So, here it is - a Maruszczyk (I still have to check how to spell this) Jake 5 that I configured via the custom shop, defaulting to better quality at pretty much every step.  Finished in solid black with BWB 3 ply pickguard.  Swamp ash body.  Bird's eye maple neck and fingerboard with carbon rods in a matte finish.  Luminlay side dots.   Headstock with simple M logo.  Hipshot B style bridge with 17mm spacing.  45mm at the nut.  Hipshot HB6C 1/2" tuners.  Passive electrics with usual P bass volume and tone.  Domed chrome knobs.  Delano PC5 AL/M2 pickup.  Currently strung with TI flats.  Weighs 3.7kg, just over 8lbs.  I just ran this through the configurator and if you wanted to make one just like this it would cost you £1900.

The body has some very slight surface scratching on the front, as does the pickguard.  There is also some very light buckle rash on the back.  I imagine these would all polish out.  No dings or dongs.  9/10 condition.  The low B is strong.  The Delano pickup is on the rude side of traditional.  It will do vintage just nicely with the tone rolled off but open it up and you have a nice aggressive tone.  Frets are barely broken in :) 

It will come with a generic ABS hard case by Chase and inside will be the 'birth certificate' and spec booklet. :)  

I am looking for £1200 collected from South Benfleet.  I would consider a courier but it would have to be fully insured and therefore expensive.  Mainland UK only.  What I would rather do is pocket fuel costs and deliver it myself up to perhaps 150 miles - this is something we can discuss.  At the moment I am not looking at trades or offers, thanks.

IMG_20210326_105915.jpg

IMG_20210326_110358.jpg

IMG_20210326_110027.jpg

IMG_20210326_110034.jpg

IMG_20210326_110046.jpg

IMG_20210326_110112.jpg

IMG_20210326_110118.jpg

IMG_20210326_110059.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 12

Wow!  I've not even had a silly offer, let alone a sensible one 😄 

If you can pick up from here (socially distanced etc) I am prepared to budge a fair amount on the asking price.

47 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Wow!  I've not even had a silly offer, let alone a sensible one 😄 

If you can pick up from here (socially distanced etc) I am prepared to budge a fair amount on the asking price.

Allow me. How about a trade for a good condition copy of Douglas Adams ‘So Long and Thanks For All The Fish’ (hardback version!) and half a packet of chocolate Hob-Nobs?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Allow me. How about a trade for a good condition copy of Douglas Adams ‘So Long and Thanks For All The Fish’ (hardback version!) and half a packet of chocolate Hob-Nobs?

Thinking about it if you can stretch to a full packet... 😁

• Haha 2

• MB1 locked this topic