Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH350SMX - SOLD
£300
Sutton Coldfield

Kinder

Now sold

Hi

PRICE DROP TO £250

I'm putting my amazing AH350SMX head up for sale.  I bought it from @Sharkfinger 6/7 years ago and it was my main gigging amp for a few years.  I ended up downsizing and it's been my spare since then, which is a real shame. It's so good that it really should be played and enjoyed.

It's 350W at 4Ohms but is unbelievably loud.  I did loads of gigs with it and never really pushed it.

Manufactured in 1995, it has the SMX preamp with 12-band graphic EQ and dual-band compressor. There's also a valve preamp which you can blend to valve / solid state. Plus the really cool blue UV uplight on the front!

I've just had it serviced by Steve Parry, including replacing the valve, so it’s working perfectly.

It is heavy at around 26kg. If you want to come and try it you’d be very welcome – I can set it up in the garage so we can keep our distance. I could courier but I’d need to get a price, or a buyer can arrange their own. I’d much rather deal face to face though.

No trades thanks. And feel free to fire any questions over, I’m not at all technical but I’ll do my best to answer.

Cheers

AndyTE1.thumb.jpg.e76d4ef31c0768123601e4b3687dfb7e.jpgTE3.thumb.jpg.a9122539024ff88af2c920dc2c4be0fa.jpg
TE4.thumb.jpg.1ee05cceec8571db94b4a445cd88eeb2.jpgTE5.thumb.jpg.220e8dcbbeb998df2d1af61fb7322eb9.jpgTE6.thumb.jpg.c2f1bbf9a1d8a34b75f1a14221832820.jpg
TE2.thumb.jpg.1f47ea98620202de29a7f9b795024e94.jpg

Edited by Kinder
Price drop
  • Like 5

Got mine on E bay at the mo they are a serious bit of kit,got mine new at a cost of £14000 many moons ago,regularly serviced,im having a clearout so all stuff that’s not used is going but not bothered if I don’t sell mine,you’ll regret selling it just as I will,glwts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

There has still got to be a place for these amps and cabs as they were class leaders back in the day and still beat most modern gear hands down. 

Yes they are heavy and, while I can see the benefit of lightweight gear, everyone should give these amps a try at some point in their playing career before they disappear forever. 😭

I'll be hanging onto my TE head, even if it only gets used a few times a year. 

You'll probably regret selling your gear if you give it away for a silly price so you might have the right idea in hanging onto it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hemdee666 said:

Hi, what’s the exact dimensions? HxWxD? Grtz, Marc. 

3 minutes ago, status1 said:

Probably be able to google it

Google says ...

ROQSOLID Cover Fits Trace Elliot AH350SMX Head Cover H=54 W=43 D=19

• 2 weeks later...

Love my Trace Elliot amps...I've got 5.

They're currently selling at ridiculously low prices....you'd have loved to have got this for this price years ago. I reckon there are very few situations where this can't manage.

GLWTS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/05/2021 at 20:01, TheGreek said:

Love my Trace Elliot amps...I've got 5.

They're currently selling at ridiculously low prices....you'd have loved to have got this for this price years ago. I reckon there are very few situations where this can't manage.

GLWTS

Thanks mate. You're right, it's a superb amp! If I was planning to play regularly I'd keep it, but I think those days are gone.

It's in perfect working order and was just serviced prior to me listing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Kinder changed the title to Trace Elliot AH350SMX - SOLD
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic