Why become a member? ×

"Cissy Strut" - The Meters (BASS Backing Track + Jam) NO BASS

BassLard

Hi there guys! Some days ago I realized there wasn´t a single backing track just for bass uploaded on YouTube for this well known funk track, and since I had one on my PC I figured out it could be useful for many bass players looking to practice this classic bassline or just jam along with it to share it on the web.

So here it is. I also dared to upload a little jam example over the BT at the beggining in the rare case someone doesn´t know it and wants to listen a bit before putting hands on it. In case you know the song you can obviously skip that part and save yourself from seeing my cheap bass, under-average playing and not-so-pretty face, lol.

Being serious again, I hope this comes handy for anyone looking to practice. Thanks a lot for watching/listening!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2021 at 03:53, stewblack said:

Thanks for this. 

You are welcome! I have a bunch more of these, and though I´m very likely to share them here as well if I have some time to make them available in the forum, you can check them in my YouTube channel. In fact I have other Bass Backing tracks stored in my PC I should upload someday as well :)

Have fun practicing!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Cheers for this, actually my intro to cissy strut. Went and found the tab, have been playing it for a solid week. Greatly enjoyed. 

reminded to post bc I’m in the gym atm, listening to apple’s essentials The Meters playlist 😂 Cheers!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kowad said:

Cheers for this, actually my intro to cissy strut. Went and found the tab, have been playing it for a solid week. Greatly enjoyed. 

reminded to post bc I’m in the gym atm, listening to apple’s essentials The Meters playlist 😂 Cheers!

Glad to know this was helpful. I have more backing tracks / tabbed bass videos in my channel in case you find these videos useful.

Greetings!