Why become a member? ×

Singlecut bolt on neck build planning

Jimothey

• 6 months later...

I'm hopefully going to have my new workshop up and running by the end of next week so I thought I'd print off the template for the new body

I'm going to be using this neck as a reference but make the new one out of Mahogany, I'm trying to be more sustainable with my builds so I might use some Oak I've got for the fretboard? 

The body is going to have a Mahogany back but I'm not sure of the top as yet I'm going to have to see what I've got/can get? Possibly Black stained Oak with the grain filled White?? 

Its still going to have a MM style pickup in a ramp style cover, not sure of the hardware colour as yet more than likely will be black? 

_20211115_103042.JPG.c6b9cca9cf327ac2cd48747e7f140c30.JPG

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

There was a big delay in my workshop being delivered but it turned up today woo hoo!! 

Hopefully get it finished and start moving all of the machines in by the weekend then I can start building again! I've been having withdrawal as I've not built anything for about 3 months 😁

_20211209_171739.thumb.JPG.ea2ff69668f4c2947edfb770c57ec1c7.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

That looks VERY nice.  Worth posting again :)

Well I say my workshop but I've got to share it with my dad as they've moved to the house behind me but I've got all my machines back: bandsaw, thicknesser, router table and table saw so thats going to make my life a lot easier!! 

Its 20'x10' so its going to be a bit tight on size but it should be ok....... 👍🏻 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Window overlooking next door??? Letting them watch what you're up to?

I'll take a picture of the view tomorrow so you can see why the windows are that side, the only neighbours that would be overlooked is a herd of fresian cows! I don't think they will be too interested!?! 😁

Edited by Jimothey
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

The more I looked at the latest design the more I didn’t like it so here’s version 3.0 (or is it 1000.0 I can’t remember there’s been so many changes on most of my builds!!)

5B8A9AFF-B54A-4146-9576-B92574ABB206.jpeg.11cd09bdbcb774f4b7271049bcba39dd.jpeg

I can’t decide so these are the 2 headstock choices??

its going to be (probably) Sapele/Pine or Oak laminated back and neck, pallet top with stained Black Oak fretboard and pickup cover/ramp so it’s going to be quite rustic!!……👍🏻

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 2