Why become a member? ×

70's & 80's pop and alternative

MacDaddy

2 hours ago, toneknob said:

Row 4 #6 = Danny Elfman (in Oingo Boingo mode)

And I would never have got that.

I think I have names for all of them except (from the bottom up, left to right) -

Row 2: 3 and 7 (got these two now although I'm not 100% convinced about #7)
Row 5: 5 and 7
Row 6: 3

Edited by BigRedX

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

And I would never have got that.

I think I have names for all of them except (from the bottom up, left to right😞

Row 2: 3 and 6
Row 5: 5 and 7
Row 6: 3

Row 2 #3 = bloke from Thomson Twins, #6 = Trevor Horn

The others you mention I would never have got, having looked up the answers - there's a handful of others similar.

1 minute ago, toneknob said:

Row 2 #3 = bloke from Thomson Twins, #6 = Trevor Horn

The others you mention I would never have got, having looked up the answers - there's a handful of others similar.

Thanks! Tom Bailey. I actually saw the Thompson Twins in 1980 when they were still 4-piece indie guitar band.

And not Trevor Horn, I meant the bloke next to him who I thought might be Geoff Downes?

8 minutes ago, toneknob said:

Between Trev and Martin Fry? I had to look him up, the pic is making his chin a lot more beefy than reality.

Clue: plays a Vox Teardrop, his band has a different name abroad.

I'll take your word for it. I've just done a Google image search and I can't see the similarity myself.

42 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I know what you mean - I've just seen the artist's website though, search for Matthew Lineham. Full answers there.

Thanks.

By myself I got 77/100 (did get 10 wrong that I though I knew).

Still not convinced by some of the likenesses and Aimee Mann certainly didn't look like that when I saw her in the 90s!

Edited by BigRedX

8 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I think another fun game (you already covered Andy Partridge in this respect) is "find the photo that he copied for the print".

I found the Clare Grogan one when I was trying to work out which of the illustrations was her (the other possibility turned out to be Bellinda Carlisle).

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

74/95 which ones are you stuck on?

Two are particularly bugging me because they look familiar but I just can't put a name to an illustration. The tall guy roughly in the middle of the picture with shades and a grey coat, and the bloke with the long face two rows down and slightly to the right.

nick cave?

Ha, got 25 and considering these are what I grew up on as a teen it makes me wonder what I was actually doing. Then again I don't think the artist had the likes of the members of The Chameleons, Comsat Angels or House of Love in mind when s/he did this pic.

Edited by Barking Spiders

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Thanks.

By myself I got 77/100 (did get 10 wrong that I though I knew).

Still not convinced by some of the likenesses and Aimee Mann certainly didn't look like that when I saw her in the 90s!

Yeah, like @toneknob says, that's Aimee in 'Til Tuesday mode...

27 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Ha, got 25 and considering these are what I grew up on as a teen it makes me wonder what I was actually doing. Then again I don't think the artist had the likes of the members of The Chameleons, Comsat Angels or House of Love in mind when s/he did this pic.

There were some rather unusual (IMO) choices, I certainly didn't recognise Robbie Grey, even though Modern English were one of my favourite bands of the early 80s...