Why become a member? ×

70's & 80's pop and alternative

MacDaddy

74/95 which ones are you stuck on?

Two are particularly bugging me because they look familiar but I just can't put a name to an illustration. The tall guy roughly in the middle of the picture with shades and a grey coat, and the bloke with the long face two rows down and slightly to the right.

Edited by BigRedX

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

74/95 which ones are you stuck on?

Two are particularly bugging me because they look familiar but I just can't put a name to an illustration. The tall guy roughly in the middle of the picture with shades and a grey coat, and the bloke with the long face two rows down and slightly to the right.

The long face is Ric Ocasek from The Cars, I think.

12 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

... Which ones are you struggling with?

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

... which ones are you stuck on?

Bottom/first row: 5 (from left); 9; 10
2nd row: 5; 7; 9
3rd row: 3; 4; 5; 9
4th row: 1; 2; 3; 6; 9
5th row: 4; 5; 6; 7; 9; 10
6th row: 2; 3; 6
7th row: 2; 
8th row: 1; 5; 7
9th row: 2; 7
Top/10th row: 1; 4; 

Spoiler

Bottom/first row: 5 (from left); 9; 10  Vi Subersa (Poison Girls); Maybe Bruce Springsteen; Clare Grogan (Altered Images)
2nd row: 5; 7; 9  Terri Nunn (Berlin); Don't know; Jim Kerr (Simple Minds)
3rd row: 3; 4; 5; 9  Nick Heyward (Haircut 100); Maybe George Michael; Paul Weller (The Jam/Style Council); Probably Fred Schneider (B52s)
4th row: 1; 2; 3; 6; 9  Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal (Tears For Fears); Tom Robinson; Don't Know; Bernard Sumner (New Order/Joy Division)
5th row: 4; 5; 6; 7; 9; 10  Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins); Don't know; Michael Hutchence (INXS); Don't know; Maybe Beki Bondage (Vice Squad); Richard Butler (Psychedelic Furs)
6th row: 2; 3; 6  Mick Jones (Big Audio Dynamite/The Clash); Don't know - I though she was Cyndi Lauper but I thinks she's in the bottom row); Terry Hall (Specials/Fun Boy Three)
7th row: 2;  Ian McCulloch (Echo And The Bunnymen)
8th row: 1; 5; 7  Don't know; Ian Curtis (Joy Division); Joe Jackson
9th row: 2; 7 Johnny Marr (The Smiths); Don't know could possibly be Elton John?
Top/10th row: 1; 4;  David Byrne (Talking Heads); Pete Muphy (Bauhaus) - You got Daniel Ash in the row below but not Pete Murphy?

Hope that helps.

Feel free to disagree with any of my choices.

Can anyone fill in the blanks from above?

Edited by BigRedX

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Beki Bondage (Vice Squad)

Somehow our singer convinced me that Beki B was her nan... I'm not normally Captain Gullible but it took me a year to work our this would be difficult - as despite the physical resemblance there's only about 14 years between 'em!

15 minutes ago, BigRedX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bottom/first row: 5 (from left); 9; 10  Vi Subersa (Poison Girls); Maybe Bruce Springsteen; Clare Grogan (Altered Images)
3rd row: 3; 4; 5; 9  Nick Heyward (Haircut 100); Maybe George Michael; Paul Weller (The Jam/Style Council); Probably Fred Schneider (B52s)
4th row: 1; 2; 3; 6; 9  Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal (Tears For Fears); Tom Robinson; Don't Know; Bernard Sumner (New Order/Joy Division)
5th row: 4; 5; 6; 7; 9; 10  Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins); Don't know; Michael Hutchence (INXS); Don't know; Maybe Beki Bondage (Vice Squad); Richard Butler (Psychedelic Furs)
6th row: 2; 3; 6  Mick Jones (Big Audio Dynamite/The Clash); Don't know - I though she was Cyndi Lauper but I thinks she's in the bottom row); Terry Hall (Specials/Fun Boy Three)
9th row: 2; 7 Johnny Marr (The Smiths); Don't know could possibly be Elton John?
Top/10th row: 1; 4;  David Byrne (Talking Heads); Pete Muphy (Bauhaus) - You got Daniel Ash in the row below but not Pete Murphy?

Hope that helps.

I thought Daniel Ash was Olli Wisdom! 😆

21 minutes ago, BigRedX said:
  Hide contents

Hope that helps.

Row 9 #7 = Andy Partridge of XTC

Row 4 #6 = Danny Elfman (in Oingo Boingo mode)

Edited by toneknob

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

The one in the bottom right corner looks like she needs spoon feeding while the woman? in the white shirt to the left of the bloke in wonky shades looks like a 19th century school ma'am.

CP Grogan from Altered Images, Toyah and Trevor Horn (Buggles)?