Why become a member? ×

Antoria tele bass

ead

57 minutes ago, ead said:

Japanese made I believe.  Mine had a stunning flamed neck and board so I don't think it's the same bass.

1781432969_AntoriaTeleHD02.thumb.JPG.5d7527ab63fa85ea6816fb343663256f.JPG

The flame on the neck is really pretty. Amazing how often you see stuff like this, old "cheap" basses that had beautiful pieces of wood on them.

Oh, that's lovely! You really don't see many of these.

Does highlight the mystery though of why sellers prefer to make stuff up rather than spend 10 minutes with Google. This '60s Italian-made bass' does indeed have a neckplate stamped 'Made In Japan', and also has a serial number which places it at September 1975.

It's a Fujigen model 2385, identical to the equivalent Ibanez - which might have been a sensible way to sell it, you'd think!

09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ash said:

I think you bought it off me Alain - it had an amazing neck - wasn’t it a medium scale? 

I think our did.  One of our earlier P bass (ish) exchanges that continue to entertain and delight with predictable regularity to this day :D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, NikNik said:

Never saw flamed maple on Jap guitars from that era, not that I can recall. But that is lovely. Apart from the body shape.

I had a lovely Ibanez 2366B Precision copy, around '72/3 (currently owned by @BreadBin) with a similar lovely flame on the fretboard & headstock. Same factory (Fujigen) so looks like they might've chosen nice timbers for boards. Pic doesn't quite do it justice.

2366B04.thumb.jpg.1c231a5f78f5c4ca3b08e56bace33d61.jpg

2366B01.thumb.jpg.c91681a8863b69b0e7e686ba90bfd0a3.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I had a lovely Ibanez 2366B Precision copy, around '72/3 (currently owned by @BreadBin) with a similar lovely flame on the fretboard & headstock. Same factory (Fujigen) so looks like they might've chosen nice timbers for boards. Pic doesn't quite do it justice.

I still have it, its one of the nicest I have and a definite keeper. @Bassassin is right about the flame, I must try and get a decent photo of it. 

• Like 2