Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried the Hosco phillips truss rod tool?

I have just see this:https://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/truss-rod-adjustment-tool-phillips-head/

It looks like it *might* be just the thing to adjust my JMJ mustang when it needs a tweak, but it depends on whether there's enough room around the pickguard cutout to get it in place.

I know that StewMac make a tool that will do the job, but ordering that one from the US is quite expensive in comparison.

Has anyone tried one of these Hosco ones?

apih5mgwq__14803.1612108242.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the StewMac crank & it arrived this morning.

truss-rod-crank-for-tele.jpg

Its perfect for my JMJ mustang. I've just given the truss rod a little tweak and it was so much better than using a screw driver.  The two ended design makes it so easy to use at any angle of rotation of the truss rod nut. Well worth the money.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I ordered the StewMac crank & it arrived this morning.

truss-rod-crank-for-tele.jpg

Its perfect for my JMJ mustang. I've just given the truss rod a little tweak and it was so much better than using a screw driver.  The two ended design makes it so easy to use at any angle of rotation of the truss rod nut. Well worth the money.

Did you order from Stewmac direct or from the eBay seller?

• 2 months later...
On 08/04/2021 at 13:36, mcnach said:

These are pretty good alternatives, in my experience (google paint can opener, available at places like B&Q for £1.50 or so, sometimes free

712OerSMbHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As I was in B&Q today, I bought one of these today to give it a go as it’s significantly cheaper than chips. After a bit of fettling with a file and a pair of mole grips, it’s the perfect tool at a bargain price. Thanks for the heads up @mcnach.

• Like 1