Why become a member? ×

Pickguards for Mustang basses

bassist_lewis

I want to get a different pickguard for my mustang but I'm not sure how to be certain it's going to fit. I bought one over Xmas but it didn't fit - the screw holes didn't line up and the cutaway for the neck was too small. Does anyone have experience of a reliable site for mustang pick guards?

It's for a Mexican made Vintera mustang.

17 minutes ago, Bigguy2017 said:

My hero!! I've actually emailed WD music to see if what they currently make will fit, and I have an axesrus one lying around that does fit except the pickup cutouts are are for the larger modern sized pickups. But that eBay one might be the one!

Edited by bassist_lewis

Earlpilanz on ebay is recommended by some bc’ers. I ordered a Mustang pickguard from him... needed a MIM PJ without the hole for the pickup switch. Great service and great pickguard

edit... can’t find him on ebay now... maybe it’s lockdown brain-fog... or maybe someone else will know better.

Edited by Trueno
  • Like 2

I had a good experience using Earlpillanz (Brian) - I messaged him through eBay about a custom pickguard for a parts-stang bass and he made me exactly what I was after. About £27 if I remember correctly and turnaround was about 10 days.

Last year he cut a pickguard for an old MIJ Bullet bass for me, and every screw hole lined up perfectly and it was a perfect fit. Can definitely recommend him 👍

22 minutes ago, meterman said:

I had a good experience using Earlpillanz (Brian) - I messaged him through eBay about a custom pickguard for a parts-stang bass and he made me exactly what I was after. About £27 if I remember correctly and turnaround was about 10 days.

Last year he cut a pickguard for an old MIJ Bullet bass for me, and every screw hole lined up perfectly and it was a perfect fit. Can definitely recommend him 👍

is that his name on eBay? I will definitely give him a shout. WD Music are having to check with their US supplier, and the other eBay guy I was linked to doesn't do international shipping yet

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

is that his name on eBay? I will definitely give him a shout. WD Music are having to check with their US supplier, and the other eBay guy I was linked to doesn't do international shipping yet

Yeah, I think ‘earlpillanz’ is the right spelling. If you find him on ebay and none of his listings are quite what you need you can send him a message and he’s usually pretty quick to respond. I sent him a pickguard last time so he could use it as a template, I think I had it back in 12 days or something, and that was in lockdown 2, so he’s pretty good I’d say.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...