Why become a member? ×

Paul McCartney - under appreciated?

Crawford13

5 hours ago, mikel said:

Upset me? Hardly. I believe you said "The World would not miss one of his songs", sounds contemptuous to me. As he was probably responsible for about half the Beatles output I don't see how you can love them.

I'm not sure you need to see how I can love the Beatles. The fact is I do, but I don't love McCartney or particularly value his contribution to the Beatles. I'm pretty sure I'm permitted to express that opinion. I'm certainly not telling you what to think. If you like what he does, fine. I don't like it. I find him insincere and self-obsessed. Hey ho, the world goes on and nobody much cares what either of us thinks....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neilp said:

I'm not sure you need to see how I can love the Beatles. The fact is I do, but I don't love McCartney or particularly value his contribution to the Beatles. I'm pretty sure I'm permitted to express that opinion. I'm certainly not telling you what to think. If you like what he does, fine. I don't like it. I find him insincere and self-obsessed. Hey ho, the world goes on and nobody much cares what either of us thinks....

I didnt even hint you should not have an opinion, or what to think, I was simply intrigued by your reasoning.

On 05/04/2021 at 20:01, mikel said:

I didnt even hint you should not have an opinion, or what to think, I was simply intrigued by your reasoning.

There were three other musicians in the Beatles, or did that pass you by? McCartney on his own is exposed as the mediocre talent he is, in my opinion

3 minutes ago, neilp said:

There were three other musicians in the Beatles, or did that pass you by? McCartney on his own is exposed as the mediocre talent he is, in my opinion

That's better, a reasoned argument. Ok you dont like him, but I stand by my argument. Lots of the Beatles songs were Lennon McCartney collaboration, either sitting face to face and swapping chords and lines or adding hooks or middle eights to each others songs. Without that the Beatles would not have been the phenomenon they were. A band is the sum of its parts.