Why become a member? ×

(Now Sold) Fender American Performer Jazz Bass ("Copper Penny")
£875
TEDDINGTON

Studio GC

Purchased this new 2 weeks ago (but it's a 2018). I loved it so much I tried the rosewood model and decided the rosewood was more up my alley since it's a bit more traditional and I play in a 60's cover band.

I'm super impressed with these American Performer models. You get graphite support rods and a fantastic playing neck.

I've set this bass up as per Fender specs. Includes truss rod tool, allen keys etc. 4.2kg according to the old bathroom scale.

£875 shipped....or £850 local sale, bank transfer or PayPal fine.

IMG_20210402_171544_361.thumb.jpg.66befad5492d8c5cc021a88e00da43d6.jpg

IMG_20210323_090837_533.jpg

IMG_20210323_090719_745.jpg

IMG_20210323_091132_048.jpg

IMG_20210323_090739_210.jpg

IMG_20210323_090748_713.jpg

IMG_20210402_171550_411.jpg

Edited by Studio GC
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, ebenezer said:

Lovely bass and love the colour.... can't find graphite support rods in the spec though.

The Performer doesn't have them. You need to go Professional and above to get the reinforced neck.

The colour is lovely though.

9 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

The Performer doesn't have them. You need to go Professional and above to get the reinforced neck.

The colour is lovely though.

Actually, not true. I asked the question on the Talkbass.com site and got this confirmation from one of the members who inquired directly with Fender USA:

Screenshot 2021-03-26 2.10.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-26 2.11.08 PM.png

9 hours ago, ebenezer said:

Lovely bass and love the colour.... can't find graphite support rods in the spec though.

Hey Ebenezer, I couldn't find the spec either, so asked around on Talkbass and was steered towards a thread that was asking the same question and see above for the answer. Best, Gunnar

That’s interesting re the rods. It looks like an old-school standard before they added through-body stringing but with a modern reinforced neck. 

I wonder if they kept it quiet to avoid impacting professional sales? There would be a lot of reasons to not bother with the pro model given the large price difference.

34 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ah mate, sort that D string out, it’s messing with my head! 😂

Yep... String Retainer and Bridge...

Little niggles... but it will only take a mo, and look so much better for it...

Then we could have some new pics and all rest easy 😀

Edited by PaulThePlug

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ah mate, sort that D string out, it’s messing with my head! 😂

52E5D1A1-4F3F-49DD-A64E-FC71FA9A728E.jpeg

Have a look at Guy Pratt's original Betsy original jazz bass, that's actually how he prefers his string spacing. Go figure.

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Yep... String Retainer and Bridge...

Little niggles... but it will only take a mo, and look so much better for it...

Then we could have some new pics and all rest easy 😀

Lovely, multiple string adjustment options with the new American Fender bridges.  Buy the bass and you can adjust to your hearts content.😀

Screenshot 2021-03-26 162050.png

Edited by Studio GC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nilebodgers said:

That’s interesting re the rods. It looks like an old-school standard before they added through-body stringing but with a modern reinforced neck. 

I wonder if they kept it quiet to avoid impacting professional sales? There would be a lot of reasons to not bother with the pro model given the large price difference.

The general consensus on Talkbass is that they are indeed most likely keeping it quiet to steer folks to the Pro models. But, it makes sense that they have the rods as they are American made necks and would be silly to re-tool in order to not have the rods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Studio GC said:

3 Position saddles so it can be adjusted to your liking!

Yes, I know what a three position saddle is thanks.

Have a look at Guy Pratt's original Betsy original jazz bass, that's actually how he prefers his string spacing. Go figure.

The strings look evenly spaced to me.

DFF0ECE5-E1A3-4C66-A2BC-6098DF5C596C.thumb.jpeg.852b3529039f1eb1eb8477105323e35f.jpeg

Lovely, multiple string adjustment options with the new American Fender bridges.  Buy the bass and you can adjust to your hearts content.

No thanks. I prefer rosewood fingerboards 😜.

Excellent. Then you know you can adjust string spacing to your desired width...... You see even spacing and Guy doesn't (he's mentioned it before).....you like rosewood and not maple..... Now that we're done with all the tutorials (thanks very much!) back to the sale of the lovely bass.

I never knew not having exact string spacing would cause so much discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic